Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 07:43:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm losing momentum and myself  (Read 382 times)
Rockylove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 24, 2015, 06:02:48 PM »

Many of you have seen my posts in the past.  I've new struggles now, folks.  My husband had a major stroke Oct 25th and has been home with me since beginning of Nov since he refused inpatient therapy.  All was going well and he was gaining ground, but recently (in the last month) he's gone back to his lazy self.  He's not been doing his exercises and my encouraging him hasn't helped.  Now I'm feeling like a caged animal and I have no room to breathe.  I do absolutely everything here~~including hauling firewood to the house and keeping the house warm because we don't have any other source of heat.  I'm burning out.  I've spent the last 2 weeks in my pajamas.  I don't care if I look like hell or not.  I tried talking to him about me going to some yoga classes because me feeling good may be beneficial to us both.  His comeback was clear... .not happening.  "How would YOU going to yoga help me get better"?  UGH!  I'm venting here.  I know there are a million answers to the above issues.  I know that I should take care of myself, but I'm his primary care taker and I can't work because I can't afford to have someone come in and care for him.  It would cost me more than I'd make.  Friends have helped as much as they can.  My sister has been amazing.  His family does NOTHING!  I'm at a loss.  I need space to breathe!

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

patientandclear

Relationship status: single

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »

Take it. Why does he have to agree? Your yoga should be your choice. You can explain your need for it in the best way possible. But having done so--do it.

Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »

I'd go a step further than P&C

Don't even ask him about taking care of yourself. Do it. Heck, you don't even have to tell him anything other than that you are leaving the house for a couple hours.

Before he had the stroke, he had very little capacity to see your needs and wants, support them, encourage them. The stroke obviously didn't help.

You sound like you feel trapped by being his caretaker/caregiver.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest