Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:35:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I living with an undiagnosed BPD wife ?  (Read 381 times)
dadecounty

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« on: February 14, 2015, 08:57:15 PM »

I think I may have joined the dots, After many years of frequent arguments over petty stuff , the disproportionate responses with emotional and physical abuse, the silent treatment for days, the lack of intimacy for almost 4 years, the relentless discussions of "abandonment" ,Being told I was a dead beat dad to my son , Forgetting the fabulous overseas vacation because "my behavior tainted the memory of the vacation" ,Being told that I was going to be outed on social media as an abuser, and I can go on and on .

After being told by my wife that I need therapy and that I have BPD , I happily went to psych to get help for my depression and seek a BPD diagnosis bcos I want my marriage to work and was told that I definitely dont have BPD , but he thinks my wife has. Then I found this forum and wow, I feel like a giant cloud has been lifted?  But where too from here. How can i get my wife to understand. Is there any hope for us. Please help me to move to the next level. What are the best reference books to help me . I appreciate all help here. Thanks
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

flowerpath

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »

Hi, dade.   Welcome

You've found a very good place to start.  If you've lived a person with BPD for a while, it's actually pretty easy to wonder whether you are actually the one who has BPD.  Two of the most important things I've done are to learn as much as I can about BPD and learn how to protect myself from it.  The lessons on this page -->, step-by-step, are very helpful and the recommended books are too.  Sharing with the other members here will help you know that you are not in it by yourself. 
dadecounty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 12:35:45 AM »

Thank you for the advice
rlhmm

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: single

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:12:49 AM »

i just joined this site myself... .be an informational sponge... .read all you can about BPD, it will become obvious whether your spouse is or isnt... .good luck! Smiling (click to insert in post)
Cole

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 06:10:53 AM »

I am in pretty much the same boat. Agree 100% with flowerpath; read all the information you can on this site. Don't be afraid to continue counseling in your own if you need to. Living with a BPDw can be debilitating. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest