Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 07:25:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know he's just worried about money and that's not my fault.  (Read 368 times)
Rockylove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: February 15, 2015, 06:09:06 PM »

I'm not sure how long this will go on but he's been on a rampage.  My husband had a stroke back in October.  I've been by his side ever since.  There have been bad (as in really bad) moments, but they passed.  Now he's gone off the deep end again!

A friend of mine (whom he's not like since he's met) offered us a cycle exerciser for him.  She said she had it about a month ago.  I never was able to pin her down on getting it until recently.  I was going to meet her about 1/2 way (she lives an hour away) and we met at a restaurant.  I spent $50 buying dinner and wine for us.  I was having a good time.  When I got home he was pissed and it's lasted for 4 days now.  He won't get beyond it.  I've paid him back.  I've given him my last $ in my bank account and now he's cut me off.  He said I didn't deserve to spend the money and that she's a whore.  I know he's just worried about money and that's not my fault.  I've saved him thousands.  My sister put up the money for him to go to rehab after the stroke and has never asked for a cent back.  I'm so angry because he won't let me have access to any money.  Not that I give a hoot about the money, but that he wants me to ask him for anything I buy.  I've no freedom.  I can't leave him in this state because there is no one to take care of him.  Besides... .I don't WANT to leave.  He's ill in so many ways, but the good absolutely outweighs the bad in this relationship.  UGH!

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 01:46:27 AM »

Sorry to hear you doing it tough again rocky. Is this more a straw thats breaking the camels back issue for you, rather than a major hurdle in itself?

Whats the underlying motion that is triggering you here as opposed to the issue itself? You have seen some of the hard aspects of this order now to be able to self analyse and work through a way past this... What do you think your options are?

Waverider

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Rockylove

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »

I guess it's a trust issue, Waverider.  He trusts no one but he's the one that can't be trusted!  I've done nothing wrong.  I'm stressed to the max.  I don't get out of pajamas for days.  I take care of everything and he's going to treat me like this?  Argh!  His friend offered to get some time off and keep him for a few days.  I'm all about that!  I would dump him off on anyone who could keep up with his dumb a## right now! 
waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »

I guess it's a trust issue, Waverider.  He trusts no one but he's the one that can't be trusted!  I've done nothing wrong.  I'm stressed to the max.  I don't get out of pajamas for days.  I take care of everything and he's going to treat me like this?  Argh!  His friend offered to get some time off and keep him for a few days.  I'm all about that!  I would dump him off on anyone who could keep up with his dumb a## right now! 

Is the trust issue a form of projection?

Sounds like you need break as your patience is running dry. I get much the same way when dealing with specific ailments. I got like this when we went through breast cancer... Genuine reason, but milked to the point I struggled with it. It is hard not to feel guilty at those times.

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
vortex of confusion

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »

Wanted to offer you a hug or two!   

Don't forget that caretaker burn out is very real. Even if your husband was perfect and didn't have BPD, you would likely get burnt out and need a break from time to time.
Rockylove

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »

Thank you both for your kind words.  Yes... .I'm burning out.  I know I need help with things around the house and caring for everything, but I seriously just want to be left alone.  Totally alone!  I love cuddling with my dogs, but I don't even want them around me.  It sucks the life out of me just to have to let them in and out of the house.  I don't want to have to waste my time standing by while he makes a phone call just in case he needs me to speak for him.  I don't want to have to cut up his food.  I don't want to clean up another mess of any sort.  All I really want to do is sit quietly by myself and not have to do anything for anyone.  UGH!  I'm venting again.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest