Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:33:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange behaviour at drop off.  (Read 351 times)
enlighten me

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 19, 2015, 02:39:40 AM »

Recently when dropping my son (21 months) off at my exgf's house she has started to get him to stand in the window and wave. The last time I dropped him off I had my eldest sons with me and the exgf not only got my son to wave but her other children were waving too. I found this odd but so did my sons. They didnt get why my ex did this and to be honest nor do I.

Anyone else have similar experiences and did you figure out what it was about?

scraps66

Relationship status: Separated 9/2008, living apart since 1/2010

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 12:53:23 PM »

Yep.  Her way of guilting you or trying to make it look like they are happy being with her, or happy to see you leave.  My ex on several occasions would have my S3 at the time crying as she held him.  She would hold him and wait at the end of the driveway so the whole neighborhood could see/hear what was going on.  Terrible.

It is incredible how desperate these people are for emotional attention.  So much so that they'll use children to get it. 

Just be careful at the exchanges if you're doing them in close proximity.  I would say, and if you can write it into your order, exchanges are done at the curb.  I stay in my car most times.  Funny how my ex seems to need to walk the kids out and hold their bags.  I've noticed there are times when she would try to engage me, or instigate a scene.  Like last year at tax time after she again claimed both children and all the daycare on her taxes.  She knew it pissed me off and she took every opportunity to get as close to me as possible.
enlighten me

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 01:06:26 PM »

I actually go to the door or in the house sometimes. I dont worry about her trying anything as she never did with her ex husband. Also she saw how hard I fought for my eldest children so knows she would have a battle on her hands and she is a coward when it comes to things like that.

Just find it all odd. When I pick my boy up I hear her saying things like hears daddy in an excitable way. She will then say something like look its daddy weve been talking about you all morning. Just all very odd.

scraps66

Relationship status: Separated 9/2008, living apart since 1/2010

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »

She may also be trying to make it look like she's soo "wonderful".  Sounding all nicey nice.  I've had that too, calling me to talk to the kids while her bf is within earshot, so he can hear her leaving a message to call the kids, all sweet.  YUCK!
enlighten me

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »

She may also be trying to make it look like she's soo "wonderful".  Sounding all nicey nice.  I've had that too, calling me to talk to the kids while her bf is within earshot, so he can hear her leaving a message to call the kids, all sweet.  YUCK!

That fits her MO. I think I only got my son xmas day for an hour and a half because her boyfriend was at hers when I dropped my son off and said I wanted to see him xmas day. She probably did her how wonderful am i performance for him Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest