Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 05:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your sanity? (Vent, sorry for typos)  (Read 359 times)
trying2coparent

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:03 AM »

Do I have PTSD? I am exhausted, depressed, feel worthless, yet forcing myself to keep going for my kids.

For years, I was verbally and emotionally abused by my ex. I ran and divorced her, but not my kids. I faught for equal time and custody. It took time, energy, and stress. Started with 23% and now have 50%. Problem is that despite all her messups, she keeps getting away with all the abuse.

Both my sons have Autism and other disorders. Recently, our little one (1sr grader) has been having major issues at school. He has assaulted students and staff, destroyed school property, and disrupted the classroom. Ex blames it on me saying I'm a ___ty father and our kid just needs to man up and learn dicipline. All this time, I have tried getting him seen by a psychiatrists only to be turned down because I don't have a vagina. Mom knows best type of world . Despite document after document,  doctor report after report, I have been mostly ignored. Heck, she even had the nerve of accussing mr of having Maunchensen Syndrome (left out the "by proxy".

I felt so down, there were times I doubted myself. Am I over analyzing things? Am I wrong in believing our kids need help? Surely a 1st grader should know more and have better Speech patterns by now. I take them to the park all the time and it breaks my heart how far behind they are from their peers. Why can't your kid do the monkey bars? Why can't he swing? Not everyone is blessed to have it all little girl, sigh, but we try Smiling (click to insert in post).

Sigh, I'm not sure what I wrote this here. I've had a ___ty two weeks. His new therapist saw me and said my son is far too severe for her to handled and send us to his coworker in the same office of therapists. She said we may even have to intern him in a psychiatric hospital. 

I was about to give up when I called CPS. The lady told me not to hold my hopes up... .parents can opt not to medicate the kids she said. The day she came to interview my kid, is a day of a major event. During in school suspension, he  assault staff, destroyed walls, and even disrespected the police officer that came to issue him a sitation. ___, felt powerless. The CPS lady spoke to both of my sons. My fears where far lower then reality. The recent events are directly linked to domestic violence and possible drug use at their mother's.

___, ___, ___! I fired my old lawyer as she didn't defended me in court correctly. After all, my ec felt that despite loosing time, she was in the right and had the upper hand. Now I'm scrambling to gind a lawyer, deal with alternative school, and an ex who refuses to medicate/treat our kid.

Today, I had a meeting at school. She comes with her new husband all clean up and looking like normal. She says the court order invalidates any medical diagnosis. She has the audacity to ask why is our kid in Special Education. Send him to alternative school... .punish him. Sigh, is she for real? I mostly kept my mouth shut... .only interupting to clarify what the staff said. I finally do bolt a few statements after being attacked and humiliated for hours.

Following CPS advice, I kept the kids an extra night. I have to repeat yesterday in a few hours as I go to the alternatelive school hearing for my 1st grader . 10 days will feel like an eternity. It even breaks my heart explaining to him he won't go back to school each morning... .he has alternative school.

They tell me to give up the fight and work with my coparent. How the f cam you do it with a BPD ex who abuses you constantly?

OK, enough of a vent. Thanks for reading. I'd appreciate ant words of wisdom.
enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:06:20 AM »

Hi trying

Sorry to hear your going through this. You said they refused your 1st grade son pschiatric help aa your not the mum. I personally would push this. In the UK where I live social services are terrified of making a bad call. There was a lot of incidents that cast them in a very bad light. I would push for the pschiatric help. Explain that you believe the ex has BPD and are concerned due to possible drug abuse and domestic violence. If they refuse again ask for it to be in writting. People are terrified of being held accountable. This may force them to re evaluate the situation.

I would also ask for another custody review due to the new information on drugs and domestic violence. I would also bring up the fact that you dont believe she would stick to any medication required by your sons as she has mentioned it already.

The possibility of PTSD is quite valid. Im sure I had it. You need to get yourself sorted so you are more able to deal with everything.

What have your children had to say? Have they said anything that gives you cause for concern?

trying2coparent

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 06:20:23 AM »

My main concern centers around the bad mouthing that goes at Mom's house... .to me (her saying I want to medicate our son to make their dreams away) as documented by school personnel. Also, it centers around the domesric violence. Her and her husband almost got a divorce a year ago. There was a protective order in court back then. There was a police report this time. I ssaw a broken TV at their front porch around the time of the report. I ask one child and he said Mom and her Husband got into a fight. The drug problem is probably weed. The son that reported that had only mention drinking, including Mom allowing him to drink substantial amounts of beer (he is 7). I lived through this hell during marriage and that's why I left. I have 50-50, but it's just not enough. Kids are behind ax academically, emotionally, and developmentally.
enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 06:45:37 AM »

One thing I never do is bad mouth my exs in front of the kids. I find that by taking the moral high ground my kids see through her behaviour. I also never lie or get them to keep secrets.

Actions speak louder than words so if your sons say mum called you an x then ask them if they think you really are and what you do to deserve being called it.

Once they think about it and see theres no justification then they will start to question everything they have been told. It was like an avalanche when I did this with my boys. All the lies crumbled almost at once. A real lightbulb moment for them.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest