Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 03:54:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big compliment  (Read 406 times)
maxsterling

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: living together, engaged

« on: March 13, 2015, 12:56:29 PM »

Just got of the phone with our private dance instructor.  He's a real interesting guy, and I enjoy his approach to life.  Anyway, he told me that I have remarkable listening skills and patience, and wondered what I did in my life to develop those skills.  He also made a comment about my wife doing better with communication the last time he spoke with her. 

I didn't tell him the back story, but I take that as a huge compliment.  Honestly, the three things that have gotten me to this place are 1) this website 2) Alanon/naranon 3) Support of good family and friends.

I can't do anything to fix my wife.  But the work I have done on myself is clearly showing. 

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 01:03:14 PM »

Yay Max! Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  Way to go!

Yes, when I get discouraged sometimes by the ever-present BPD, I do appreciate how much my emotional intelligence has been improved by learning how to manage it better so that I don't get dysregulated. And it has carried over into my relationships with friends and strangers and also my animals.    Thanks to everyone here for their honesty and openness and willingness to help each other.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 05:57:53 AM »

This is great news. Moments like this really show that all the work we do really pays off.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

"In order to take control of our lives and accomplish something of lasting value, sooner or later we need to Believe. We simply need to believe in the power that is within us, and use it." -Benjamin Hoff
Sunfl0wer
`

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: He moved out mid March

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 08:33:31 AM »

Smiling (click to insert in post). Great stuff!    Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.~Anais Nin
Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

And the 4th item on your list... .you learn from all those places... .then test your knowledge and skills by interacting with your wife... .who does a FANTASTIC job of showing you exactly where you have more work to do.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest