Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 12:57:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 180 in 45 minute session  (Read 419 times)
new2pain

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living apart

« on: March 23, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »

Had joint T session on friday, in 45 minutes we went from good too, if I didnt contact her she would miss me and contact me. So I havnt spoke with her since friday, I did have a good run this wknd, and lifted heavy today at gym, I am getting used to not having to respond to texts in the middle of my workouts. I do miss her, still love her but will continue working on me and hope she does make contact... .
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »

Hi New2pain,

I am sorry that you are going through this.  I understand how upsetting and frustrating it is to cope with a dramatic change in behavior.    I went through something similar with my bf.  It is really tough, especially when you are used to our pwBPD contacting you on a regular basis. 

What happened during the joint session that made your relationship do a 180?

"In order to take control of our lives and accomplish something of lasting value, sooner or later we need to Believe. We simply need to believe in the power that is within us, and use it." -Benjamin Hoff
new2pain

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »

This was kind of like the back and forth that she has been doing for the last few months. I guess it just caught me off guard while in T, but im learning not to be surprised and know I cant control her actions. Im still reading/learning here, doing my thing and hoping she does contact me...
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »

This was kind of like the back and forth that she has been doing for the last few months. I guess it just caught me off guard while in T, but im learning not to be surprised and know I cant control her actions. Im still reading/learning here, doing my thing and hoping she does contact me...

Do not be hard on yourself.    I can still get caught off guard, even with all of my BPD education.

Working on yourself during periods of NC really helps. I spent the majority of my NC phases with

my bf engrossed in self-improvement, whether it would be working out or my own self-discovery. In a way, my periods of NC made me become more self-aware. It was almost a foreign concept to start focusing on myself, but it really has had some benefits.  Other than working out, what else have you been doing to focus on yourself?

"In order to take control of our lives and accomplish something of lasting value, sooner or later we need to Believe. We simply need to believe in the power that is within us, and use it." -Benjamin Hoff
new2pain

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:05:39 PM »

Ive been spending some time with friends I had lost some contact with, I had taken a couple of semsters off from school, I didn't realize how much r/s was exhausting me, but Im back finishing up my Masters.  We worked out/ran together so its kind of weird doing those things but something I did before her and really important part of me.
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »

What did the T do with the 180... .any effort to help there... ?

new2pain

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 02:52:02 PM »

She just got real cold, T tried to swing her back around but she was gone, I could see it coming on... .We had been talking about trust issues and T said something about it being possible but hard to rebuild, I think thats what started the turn off... I have been telling her, that with counseling I was sure we could, put past behind us and work on futur. ... .But hard work on a rrelationship and her world dont seem to mesh! ugh, but once it was out there was no taking it back
new2pain

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »

After no contact since friday, got a text last night (tues) telling me she was going with friend to watch game... .I texted back Hope you have fun, that started about 5 hrs of texting back and forth... .no real substance but it was her reaching out... .Seems like 4 days is about as long as it goes with no contact
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »

After no contact since friday, got a text last night (tues) telling me she was going with friend to watch game... .I texted back Hope you have fun, that started about 5 hrs of texting back and forth... .no real substance but it was her reaching out... .Seems like 4 days is about as long as it goes with no contact

It is definitely her reaching out to you. How you did feel the conversation went?

Are you going to continue the contact by reaching out to her next or wait for her to reach out to you again?

new2pain

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 02:42:49 PM »

Think it went well for what it was, mostly small talk but it was good. She did thank me for putting pics of dog on snapchat so

she could see her. (Dog is 10, she had the dog since puppy, but when she left, she left dog with me) So this morning I sent a pic of dog... .no response from her. So I dont know if I should contact her,or wait for her... .This has been one of the hard things for me to figure out. Dont want to chase, dont want to be out of sight out of mind... .

And is it weird she left me her dog?
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 02:49:55 PM »

She left a connection there... .a way to recycle. 

That is theory... .but probably a good one...

new2pain

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »

She still has some other stuff at house, isint dog extreme?
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 03:27:20 PM »

And is it weird she left me her dog?

PwBPD tend to leave things around to keep an attachment, even pets. 

I would wait for a response to the picture, she may not have had time to respond yet. 

new2pain

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »

Its been 6 hours... You think I should just wait and how long?
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 03:43:31 PM »

I would wait.

The timeframe depends on you. 

As you said before, four days is the limit for her going NC.

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 03:45:17 PM »

Send it... .and let that be it.  If she responds... .great... .if she doesn't... .great as well.

You did something that was very nice for someone that you cared about... .feel good about that... .feel good about what you have done.  If possible... .put more time into that... .vice evaluating what they are doing.

It's a mindset... .there is not formula for it.

Most of us that have been around for a while transition to doing more things for "us"... .even it if positively affects them.

So... .sending the picture was really for you... .it is in keeping with your values about treating people kindly... .you can feel good about your actions.

Do you see the nuance?

new2pain

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »

Yes Sir,

I was gonna just see how long it would take her.

Just when I was at that point yesterday of not feeling like I needed to be checking my phone every minute, is when she contacted me... .its almost like she knows what I am thinking. After her saying what she did at T I had made a point of not contacting her, now I have to get the feel for when convo is over and wait.  The pics she thanked me for where on snapchat and not just for her.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest