Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 10:42:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rage is building.  (Read 391 times)
Crayfog

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 06, 2015, 02:48:47 PM »

But it's in ME. The kids are telling us about more and more abuse. In the past few days we've have two terrible in person blow ups at pick ups and drop offs. The kids are acting more because of course they can't voice the way they are torn. Husband's uBPDew has taken everything to new levels of terror. Still not enough for a restraining order as most text/email communication looks cooperative.

I HATE THIS.

I can't control the rage building. None of the techniques are working. I just want to tell her what I think of her.

This is not healthy. But I can't STAND a that she gets to hurt hurt hurt everyone around her and I have to be the adult while she's a toddler with unintelligible tantrums.

Just venting. I really see no hope for this whole mess. She will never get help.
ogopogodude
^

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 06:56:52 PM »

For pick ups and drop offs, ... try to get someone that you both kinda trust (to pick sides) and have THAT person perform these tasks (but this person should be renumerated /paid).

Do a trial of this for say, a month or two, so that the pattern is done... .and perhaps this person can have a go-pro on so as to record any nuttiness /behaviours  that the BPD person may try to attempt to out lash will be recorded and documented.

Just a thought.
Eco

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:44:35 PM »

Excerpt
This is not healthy. But I can't STAND a that she gets to hurt hurt hurt everyone around her and I have to be the adult while she's a toddler with unintelligible tantrums.

I can relate to what you are going threw, my anger and frustration reached a critical point and I broke down. it was eating me up inside I was so consumed by what my ex NPD is doing to my daughter just to get back at me, injustice really bothers me so I have a hard time accepting the way things are. Truth is I cant control my ex or make her see what she does is wrong so I have to let it go and focus on my daughter and help her though this difficult time. the only thing I can control is my self, im trying real hard to not let my ex trigger me. she knows what my buttons are and she doesn't just push them she tries to break them. the other thing I can do is go to court and try to get some of the control away from my ex over my daughter.

My ex flies just under the radar and knows what she can and cant get away with and she really believes her own delusions so she is dangerous in my opinion 

It is very frustrating that these people can fight dirty while we have to be fair and play by the rules, it feels hopeless and many times I feel like giving up but then I think of my daughter and she gives me all the strength I need to keep fighting and keep my values intact so I can be a positive and healthy role model for my daughter.

I hope things get better for you

Nope

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:45:53 AM »

Yup, they are maddening. Absolutely toddelers. Which means they love pushing buttons and watching us explode because it's the only time they feel in control. All you can do is try to stay sane. Venting here is a lovely thing. I know I always feel a little better after I do it.

When I get wrapped up in the chaos the kid's BPD mom creates If I don't vent and do some self care I stop doing anything else but stomping around hating her guts. I have a T, and these boards, to remind me that this is counterproductive. How can I show the kids something different when I'm a giant ball of anxiety? They need to know what stable looks like more than they need anything else.

Exchanges are always a battle ground for us as well. Especially pick ups as we can't leave until she hands over their bag. Until she hands it over she's got a captive audience and she knows it. Our exchange point is several hours away from where we live so sending other people isn't an option. We are trying different things in order to make exchanges a bit better. This past drop off was the first time we got there early, unloaded the kids bags, and just had them hop out and go to her so that we were driving away the moment her car door opened. (She knows she can email if she has something to say.) Might seem harsh, but it's FAR better than one more blow up in front of the kids. For the return trip, we are going to stay in the car with the Windows rolled up while she gets out, says her lengthy goodbyes to the kids, and starts to get their stuff out of her car. DH will stay in the car while I collect the kids and their things so that she would have to go around to his window to start with him. We'll see how that goes and adjust as necessary.

... .Though I will admit it was a whole lot of fun knowing she spent the whole ride out to get the kids working on what enraging things she wanted to say to us only to not get the chance to say anything.   Smiling (click to insert in post)
bravhart1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:44 AM »

Cray, I have def been in that boat! At times it felt like I'd have to walk away to survive.

The best thing I've done which is working very well to keep my head in a good place is to go back an read the four agreements. It's a small book but the chapter on not taking anything personal keeps me in a good place.

Think of their bs like a poisonous apple, when it's handed to you sometimes we take it, sometimes we even take a bite. Sometimes after taking a bite we ruminate on how to get it back to them. This book is great at helping me see that I can control taking the apple at all. Just refuse to even accept it.

I've been in the pit of despair and this book and a few pages has turned me around instantly. Give it a try.
Eco

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »

Excerpt
The best thing I've done which is working very well to keep my head in a good place is to go back an read the four agreements. It's a small book but the chapter on not taking anything personal keeps me in a good place.

Think of their bs like a poisonous apple, when it's handed to you sometimes we take it, sometimes we even take a bite. Sometimes after taking a bite we ruminate on how to get it back to them. This book is great at helping me see that I can control taking the apple at all. Just refuse to even accept it.

Great advice! I try to practice this as well, I like the analogy of the apple.
whirlpoollife

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 10:55:39 PM »

I've been in the pit of despair and this book and a few pages has turned me around instantly. Give it a try.

" ... not taking anything personal".    Homework to work on.

bravehart, I have just  added that book to my wish list. ( Along with " How to co parent with a Toxic Ex" and " Don't Alienate the Kids"

"Courage is when you know your're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." ~ Harper Lee
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest