Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 09:57:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sibling Pictures - GC vs SD10  (Read 383 times)
Thunderstruck

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 22, 2015, 10:13:19 AM »

This is just an offhand thing I've noticed and I wondered if anyone else sees it... .

My SD10's uBPDbm has another older child with a different father who lives with uBPDbm's parents in another state. uBPDbm hasn't seen her daughter in ... .I think about five years. We took SD10 to see her sister a few summers ago.

SD10 has made the comment that everything is about her sister; it's the picture on her mom's phone, and her mom always talks to her, etc. It appears to me like the older girl might be the golden child while SD10 takes up the scapegoat role (since she lives with uBPDbm sometimes and her sister never does, and uBPDbm and DH are fighting over custody while the older daughter's dad isn't involved).

When uBPDbm posts pictures of her kids from childhood, she always picks these radiant happy smiling pictures of the older daughter and these frumpy pictures of SD10 (her hair is in her face, she's not smiling, etc.).

Have any of you noticed things similar?

"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so. But we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitos and silly people." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nope

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »

Kids' mom often posts pictures of herself and the oldest as her main pictures on social media. Whenever there is a picture of the younger (scapegoat) child it's almost as an afterthought and you can usually hardly see his face because he's at some angle.
Panda39

Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »

The thing I noticed with the pictures of my SO's uBPDxw and their kids is that she has them in what I jokingly call the "death grip".  She's always holding on to them and hanging off of them. It's as if she's thinking to herself "cleave to me!" or "look my children love me!" or "aren't we just the most amazingly happy family!".  She wants the pictures to project something that in reality they don't reflect. The kids always look a little uncomfortable to me.  

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
bravhart1

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:50:56 PM »

The child's therapist and CE both pointed out that BPDm wears sunglasses in pics. Hiding her eyes like she is trying to hide her true self to child. I didn't get that, and thought that maybe she just thought she looked better in shades. Who's knows?
Nope

Relationship status: married

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »

The child's therapist and CE both pointed out that BPDm wears sunglasses in pics. Hiding her eyes like she is trying to hide her true self to child. I didn't get that, and thought that maybe she just thought she looked better in shades. Who's knows?

I think that's more about control. When they take a picture they can't control who sees it, but they can control how much of them is seen.
Thunderstruck

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 09:22:29 AM »

Kids' mom often posts pictures of herself and the oldest as her main pictures on social media. Whenever there is a picture of the younger (scapegoat) child it's almost as an afterthought and you can usually hardly see his face because he's at some angle.

I've seen that too. uBPDbm always looks so rigid and uncomfortable with her arm around SD10. It looks forced. Or it's "Hey, look at me, I'm being a mom!".

If uBPDbm posts a picture of herself with SD10, SD10 won't be wearing her glasses. Does her mom make her take them off to appear more attractive?

All of uBPDbm's facebook profile pictures are of only herself, usually not wearing much clothing, and they're almost all selfies (control). I think she has a touch of narc/histrionic to go with the BPD.

"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so. But we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitos and silly people." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest