Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:11:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When you let them own it and they don't follow through  (Read 349 times)
Hmcbart

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married for 17 years and together for 19.

« on: June 16, 2015, 06:53:25 PM »

I posted a few months ago complaining how my wife doesn't do anything around the house. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc...

Well she did cook twice since then and has even done the dishes a few times. Not a lot really but better than nothing. I took some of the advice and let her own it. If she didn't want to clean then she can stay in a dirty house or mostly her area upstairs.

Here is the funny part. She scheduled an appointment with the alarm people to come out because one of the carbon monoxide detectors was beeping even after changing the battery. I was out of town and she was a bit freaked out by it. She called last week and the appointment was today. She also scheduled the cable people to come by today because the box was messing up in her TV upstairs.

Plenty of time if she wanted to clean the house a bit so they wouldn't have to step over all of her stuff upstairs to get to the detector and get to the cable box. I called on my way home from work to see how it went with the alarm and cable guy. She told me that she canceled the appointment because the house was too dirty.

I just stayed silent and moved on to another subject. I am pretty sure this will be my fault somehow in her mind. I was silently laughing because of the conversation I had about how sometimes even when you don't want to do your job it's still important that it gets done.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:21:47 AM »

Boy... .I'm deep in this in my r/s... with chore charts... .etc etc.

My wife does stuff around the house... .we have a complicated house to run with tons of people around.

I'm in this place where I will do what I think is right... .I'll "do my best" (which can be different on different days)... .and leave it at that.

Hang in there...

FF

Hmcbart

Relationship status: Married for 17 years and together for 19.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »

I also had to deal with one of her headaches last night and this morning. Our S8 had a Dr appt this morning and she was gong to take him. I stayed up later than normal watching a movie and went to bed around 2:00 am. She was still awake upstairs. This morning she wakes me up asking me to take him to the Dr or she would have to cancel the appt. I took him.

The headache last night was her reason for not cooking dinner so I picked up something for myself and the boys when I was on my way home from work at 7:45 pm. No groceries, she hasn't cleaned, she usually doesn't come down stairs even when she doesn't have a headache so she won't be interacting with the kids all day.

I know why she wants to spend a month or more in Texas. It's because she can have someone else doing things with the boys during the day. I feel like her inaction is just becoming a major burden on the family. When I have my job and hers to do, it's not easy. I feel for single working mothers out there. But they would probably kill their husbands if they were doing all this and he just lays on the couch watching tv all day.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest