Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 07:38:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro  (Read 331 times)
scoutshonor

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 16, 2015, 09:09:13 PM »

Hi,

I never heard of BPD until my sister said something about "the institute of brain potential" and there was tons of info about all different things... .but on thing about BPD and it kind of fit my GF while both me and GF were looking over the material. Now I'm sure she is either a BPD or a narcissist. I was just trying to help her get a handle on her depression and it opened a can of worms, but it does explain alot.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

married21years

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 02:02:59 AM »

good luck

read read and read some more

hard in the beginning to decide between BPD and npd.

but in time it will become clear.

good luck, youll need it 
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:47:54 AM »

Hi scoutshonor, 

Welcome aboard. 

What types of characteristics does your girlfriend display that fit with BPD or NPD? 

"In order to take control of our lives and accomplish something of lasting value, sooner or later we need to Believe. We simply need to believe in the power that is within us, and use it." -Benjamin Hoff
scoutshonor

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »

Hi scoutshonor,  

Welcome aboard.  

What types of characteristics does your girlfriend display that fit with BPD or NPD?  

Hi,

She self admits to OCD and anxiety which are real. She explains that control is part of management of both. She seems to have an outside persona that she only wants the world to see. She has an office assistant and has six in 7 years with the position open more than its filled to the point that corporate wont allow her to terminate with out their ok. She seems to have black and white thinking. Mostly she gets upset by "slights" from other people , which she almost 100% internalizes. Lots of tit for tat. She seems to have issues with both parents stemming from childhood and until our relationship (we're 40) havent spoke to her dad(ive brought them back together) We have been together 2 years and i can count 6 or 7 breakups we've had all her starting... .each time i thought it was the end and would start to move on only to be called back in, where i would easily say it was my fault. Then there is the depression that seems to come and go... .the meds restoral and tramadol to sleep, before it was ambian... .and lexapro... .her depression seems better than it was 8 months ago. Early on in our relationship i changed how i delt with her... .it seemed as the littlest thing she would lable confrontation which she said she couldnt deal with, acted as if her father years back physically abused her... .turned out she got in an argument at 18 with him about her stepmom... .they all moved past it except her.She is almost a legal-prescription drug abuser requiring them to sleep.

Other than these small issues she is great!
scoutshonor

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »

I wouldnt say that BPD or npd is ruining her life but she has an ideal that she seems to chase like a carrot on a stick keeping from being happy... .she seems at times to be happy at others misfortunes and will share these as if they will also make me happy... .i know this one to be true, if everything is ok and there isnt anyone she is upset with then its isnt too long until she will start in on me about something. Ahe used to hold my drinking over top of me, saying she couldnt trust me to say the right things... .i realized she had different rules for me... .ive since quit drinking entirely and am happy about it. She is into physical fitness but is overweight, ive embraced fitness and she seems to hate me because im showing results and the downside is that i was hoping it wouls bring us closer together.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest