Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 01:38:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My ex is losing it  (Read 356 times)
Eco

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 30, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »

My ex took my daughter to the dentist today for a normal checkup. In my other post I talked about my daughter biting her lip while on vacation and my ex sent me a with a pic of the inside of my daughters lip. Its clearly a canker sore from where she bit her lip, but my ex is convinced its oral herpes and I gave it to her from kissing her. My ex texted me all frantic saying the dentist confirmed that it is oral herpes and that my daughter also has a cavity and its my fault because I give my daughter juice. she then took her to the dr and said the dr confirmed that it was oral herpes as well. all this happened in a span of 2 hrs, I know that the test for oral herpes is a swab test and the sent to a lab so there is no way it was done in less then 2 hrs.

I didn't fall into the drama pit with my ex and told her I will contact both dentist and dr to find out what happened. Im sure my ex left out the fact that my daughter bit her lip while eating at the exact spot of the ulcer. Im waiting for the dr to return my call and I will see the dentist on Wednesday

Nope

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 05:49:40 AM »

When stuff gets this weird I always suggest documenting everything. Print out the emails or screenshot and print out the texts. Put them in a folder. Get physical documentation from the dentist and doctor showing what the problem is and is not. Put that documentation in the folder. Label the folder "Oral Herpes". Roll your eyes. Go on with your life.

If down the road you have reason to need to show a professional third party what you are dealing with, that file will be a gem.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:10 PM »

Good plan to check in with the dentist and doctor to confirm.

The sad thing is not necessarily that D could have herpes, because that stuff happens. We pass things back and forth between family members, it wouldn't be the first or last time herpes passed between parent and child. Or from child to child.

The sad thing is that your ex would tell D that it's your fault. 

My ex was a hypochondriac about S13, always blowing things out of proportion. I found what worked was to recognize he was a scared parent -- I think he was genuinely afraid when S13 got sick and always assumed the worse.

You might not be able to validate mom, you can validate D, though, if she seems worried about the sore and where it came from. "Are you worried about where the sore came from?"

Let her tell you if she's concerned. It could be she's just busy being 3 and doesn't want to get caught up in that stuff.

Breathe.
Eco

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 11:43:59 PM »

Excerpt
When stuff gets this weird I always suggest documenting everything. Print out the emails or screenshot and print out the texts. Put them in a folder. Get physical documentation from the dentist and doctor showing what the problem is and is not. Put that documentation in the folder. Label the folder "Oral Herpes". Roll your eyes. Go on with your life.

If down the road you have reason to need to show a professional third party what you are dealing with, that file will be a gem.

That's my plan, I spoke with the dr today and they didn't do a swab test only a visual test. Its very inaccurate to go only by visual so im going to get a more thorough swab test, im convinced its a canker sore based on the fact that she bit her lip right where the ulcer is.

Excerpt
The sad thing is not necessarily that D could have herpes, because that stuff happens. We pass things back and forth between family members, it wouldn't be the first or last time herpes passed between parent and child. Or from child to child.

Very true and if she does have herpes it doesn't mean that I gave it to her, she could have picked it up from another person. even the babysitter kisses my daughter.

Excerpt
The sad thing is that your ex would tell D that it's your fault.  tongue

Absolutely, Im positive she has filled my daughter with all kinds of fear. 

Excerpt
My ex was a hypochondriac about S13, always blowing things out of proportion. I found what worked was to recognize he was a scared parent -- I think he was genuinely afraid when S13 got sick and always assumed the worse

That's my ex as well, the smallest thing is blown up to be a life threatening thing.

Excerpt
Let her tell you if she's concerned. It could be she's just busy being 3 and doesn't want to get caught up in that stuff.

I really hope so
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest