Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:33:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not getting along with my family  (Read 351 times)
Cloudy Days

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: July 06, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »

Me and my husband have been doing pretty decent lately. There has not been any major problems for quite some time. However I knew the peace couldn't last forever, just wished it could have lasted a bit longer. We went out to a 4th of July celebration that my Aunt and Uncle throw every year. It's a lot of fun for everyone, except for my husband. While we were there he acted like he had fun. But apparently my cousin and my cousins husband both said something to piss my husband off. I am not really sure what my Cousin said but from what I can gather, he was talking about himself and my husband took it personally like he was talking about him. My husband asked my cousins husband if he would help him make something and he basically said you can look it up on YouTube instead of agreeing to help him. I suppose most people would just say yea and then never help him, so now my husband is in split mode.

The problem now is that my mother needs to move this weekend and my two Aunt and two Uncles are going to be helping her, and me and my husband are suppose to help her too. He is backing out saying he won't be able to keep his mouth Shut. My one uncle I can understand, No one really likes him. But the other uncle he has a problem with because he is my cousins Dad. I am flabber gassed that he would be that petty because my uncle has been nothing but nice to him, seriously he's always liked him.

To make matters worse we were taking my mom home on the 4th and some idiot shot a firework at our vehicle. Not on purpose, more just careless. But of course my husband thinks it was on purpose and he was targeted by the person. We know who it was because it is a small town and turns out he is suppose to fix my mother's vehicle but it has been sitting there for a month not getting fixed. So that just adds to everything. I am beginning to hate celebrations and holidays 

It's not the future you are afraid of, it's repeating the past that makes you anxious.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Hope26

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »

Hi Cloudy Days,

By now I guess your mom has made her move and either your husband helped or he didn't.  For what it's worth, I understand why you hate holidays and celebrations; they are harder for us with these temperamental people in our lives.  Have you clued in your mom or any of the rest of your family about your husband's issues?  In my case, I don't necessarily go into an attempt to describe or explain BPD to anyone.  But my closest relatives and friends have been told that H has a 'mood disorder' of sorts, and may or may not be there for them as much as I would like.  This has helped me cope with some stuff without worrying so much about what others may think.  I do what I can and try to maintain peace of mind regardless of what he does or doesn't do.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest