Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 07:10:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to expect from my Mother-in-law  (Read 664 times)
PKay08
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:14 PM »

Hello, thank you for having this helpful site. Just to let you know, I am in a married relationship with a BPD who is aware of it. He has improved so much since we met, and we are getting along pretty well. But what I want to talk to you guys is about his mom. My mother-in-law. At the moment, me and our two beautiful little girls have to live in her house until my husband finds us a place to live. She has a boyfriend who pays all the bills, buys everything she and he needs. And is the provider of everything. So it's his house. Since they let us move in to their house until we get a place to help us out, I give them as much respect, affection, and support I can. One day, she got pissed off at me, and has been ever since. That was only a few days ago. I do not really know what passive aggressive people will do to other people other than making them feel bad and getting more angrier at them without expressing it. But I am wondering one thing at the moment, that I think she might have done to me. I do laundry every single day, and keep the house decently clean, most of the time. When I do laundry, I go through every piece of clothing to make sure nothing's in it before I put it in the washer. Tonight when I put my kids to bed, and went to put my wet clothes into the dryer, there was stuff all of them and it made a huge mess in my clothes and her washer. Found out it was two soiled diapers in the washer that went through the process with them.

With passive aggressive people who are pissed off at you do something like that do you to make it harder on you or make you think you did that? Please respond.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:32:39 AM »

Welcome

It must be tough indeed living with the MIL.

Do you suspect that the BPD is hereditary? That is the kind of thing a pwBPD  could do, even though it is obvious, then deny it. Whether a deliberate attempt or not it does leave you questioning your own reality at times.

Does she at times seem overly nice, and other times a complete opposite?

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:25:57 AM »

Hang in there... .

What role will you play in finding a place to live?

Glad you found this forum... .looking forward to getting to know you.

FF

JustDucky

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »

The person in my life who is BPD is my MIL.  Would she do something vindictive if mad at someone?  Yes, absolutely.  I've had several people who are unrelated to each other who have been the victim of her vindictiveness tell me the things she's done, and I know that as far as her relationship with me is concerned, she wants nothing more than to get back at me for the things she thinks I've "done" to her. 
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 12:58:30 PM »

and I know that as far as her relationship with me is concerned, she wants nothing more than to get back at me for the things she thinks I've "done" to her. 

How would your r/s with her change if you changed this view to "sometimes" she wants to get back at you and "sometimes" she actually likes you?

The nature of BPD in most people is that their view of people around them depends on their emotions... at that moment.

FF

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest