Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:07:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter with BPD  (Read 394 times)
Honey15

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: July 29, 2015, 09:25:15 PM »

Hi my daughter was diagnosed with BPD four years ago. She is aged 44 and is giving me a lot of strife. I feel lonely and afraid of her.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Honey15

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:34:30 PM »

I am finding it difficult to live with my daughter as she gets so angry every time we talk.
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

Relationship status: widowed

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:22:07 PM »

I'm so sorry Honey15 

Is your daughter physically violent with you sometimes?  I know that the verbal rages can be just as scary and hurtful.

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »

Hello, Honey15 & Welcome

I'm so sorry that you are having troubles with your daughter; every parent on this site can certainly understand what you are going through 

She actually lives with you? Has she ever been married? Does she have any children? Do you have other children? Since she has been diagnosed, does she see a Therapist? Does she acknowledge that she has a problem, and is she willing to get help for it?

It's really hard to deal with our BPD loved ones, because they look at things differently than we do--they tend to feel things deeply and then believe that their feelings are the facts of any situation. When we don't understand why they feel the way they do, it can really knock us for a loop! And then we either respond to them in ways that push every one of their buttons, or keep quiet in a stunned silence, afraid to say anything at all... .It's really stressful and difficult and painful at times.

Have you had the chance to check out the links to the right-hand side of this page? The TOOLS and THE LESSONS can help you understand how your daughter's mind works, and learn how to communicate with her in ways that make things better. I've found the information there to be life-changing for me in dealing with my adult (38) son who was diagnosed with BPD two years ago, and also my other loved ones with BPD.

Please tell us more of your story, and let us know just what you are dealing with, Honey15... .And read all you can to get a handle on what your situation is. We are here for you, and want to help 

Honey15

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 12:39:13 AM »

I'm so sorry Honey15 

Is your daughter physically violent with you sometimes?  I know that the verbal rages can be just as scary and hurtful.

No my daughter is  not physically violent it is just the outrages that are getting me down, especially when I least expect it. She can be a very loving daughter at times. She is not married and does not have children and has had a mental illness since she was 20 years old and that was a misdiagnoses hence the current BPD.
Honey15

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 12:48:28 AM »

Hello, Honey15 & Welcome

I'm so sorry that you are having troubles with your daughter; every parent on this site can certainly understand what you are going through 

She actually lives with you? Has she ever been married? Does she have any children? Do you have other children? Since she has been diagnosed, does she see a Therapist? Does she acknowledge that she has a problem, and is she willing to get help for it?

It's really hard to deal with our BPD loved ones, because they look at things differently than we do--they tend to feel things deeply and then believe that their feelings are the facts of any situation. When we don't understand why they feel the way they do, it can really knock us for a loop! And then we either respond to them in ways that push every one of their buttons, or keep quiet in a stunned silence, afraid to say anything at all... .It's really stressful and difficult and painful at times.

Have you had the chance to check out the links to the right-hand side of this page? The TOOLS and THE LESSONS can help you understand how your daughter's mind works, and learn how to communicate with her in ways that make things better. I've found the information there to be life-changing for me in dealing with my adult (38) son who was diagnosed with BPD two years ago, and also my other loved ones with BPD.

Please tell us more of your story, and let us know just what you are dealing with, Honey15... .And read all you can to get a handle on what your situation is. We are here for you, and want to help 

I have a son who lives away and is in a relationship and another daughter who is married (no children) and also lives a long way from me. My two daughters wont recognise each other which is really sad. I have just been through a really trying time with my daughter with BPD and felt very threatened by her words and actions towards me. I am seeing a psychologist who is very helpful. My daughter is connected to Mental Health but unfortunately they do not offer much help as it is such a complex situation.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest