Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My husband is giving me silent treatment  (Read 364 times)
Brasty
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:49 PM »

My husband is giving me the silent treatment again, it's been 3 days.  He is away working, our boys and I were going to see him, then I mentioned next week when I take our 14 year old to camp in the city I would stay with my older son and visit one night, my husband will be working in the city next week as well, I said I'll stay with our oldest son ( my son) mon night, then our other two boys and I would go stay with him at his parents the rest of the week, he freaked, said you can't all stay with me mon night? I said our oldest would feel more comfortable at my parents apartment, and it's only one night , he hung up on me, then 20 min later sent a text saying " don't bother coming to see me this week, I am busy and don't have time for you" I replied we really want to see you, he said your full of s-it, said I stay at home with the boys and don't know what sacrifice is ( he is missing our sons bd) I didn't reply, I leave for the city Sunday, meeting my older son monday, my husband will be home Sunday then going to city as well.  I don't know if I should stay at the apartment with my older son or visit my older son and stay with my husband? I would be with my husband the rest of the week in the city, but i don't want to give in, I don't know if he is justified being mad or just being a bully? He works away a lot, I am always home when he gets home, even if my parents invite me to their place ( 6 hours away) for weekend visits, I stay home if my husband is coming home, always change my schedule, and I was going to see him this week for few days with our boys and he said don't come I don't want to see you.  I hate this silent treatment, and two days I had headache and sick stomach.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

an0ught
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:54:04 AM »

Hi Brasty,

silent treatment sucks as it leave you feeling powerless  .

Coordinating schedules and taking care of all the whims of a pwBPD is impossible. You are trying hard to please him but will never satisfy his needs to be treated special. Learning how to balance his needs with your needs - which are to be taken equally serious - takes times. The board is a good place to discuss.

Excerpt
I don't know if he is justified being mad or just being a bully?

None of the above. He is a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Welcome,

a0

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest