Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 02:28:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sabotaging White Time?  (Read 343 times)
DevilYouKnow

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 14, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »

Anyone ever sabotage their "white time", consciously or unconsciously?  Last night I was in my wife's good graces, but she was going off about someone doing something that she herself does (that happens a lot), and instead of just validating her and moving on I made some wisecrack that basically pointed out she was a hypocrite.  Totally unnecessary, and a little freaky when I realized what I did.  So now I'm wondering why, and made a few guesses.

1)  I'm mirroring BPD behavior.  A lot of BPDs get it from BPDs in their lives right?  This is the one I'm most worried about honestly.

2)  I'm passive-aggressively getting her back for the times she's ruined my good times.

3)  I somehow like being painted black?  Feel I deserve it?

4)  I know the shift from white to black will always come, I just don't know when or how.  I can never enjoy the white time anyway because of that.  Maybe I figure if I'm the one flipping the switch, I at least have some control over it.

I wouldn't really like any of those things to be true about me, but I don't see any more angles so I'm guessing it's some or all of those.  Anyone else have this experience?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Sunfl0wer
`

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: He moved out mid March

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »

I can recall times being painted mostly white and challenging him in a way that I knew he would back off on my white status some.

Sometimes... .I just felt it had to be said.  I had to be authentic.

Sometimes... .being aware of the result made me question my motives.

Sometimes... .yea... .I guess I just felt like being snarky too!

How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.~Anais Nin
thisagain

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 06:58:30 PM »

I'm not sure if this is another angle or just a variation on your options, but... .Sometimes I feel myself getting nervous or upset with my partner during the "white times." If she's lavishing me with praise, I might remember how yesterday she said something totally different because she was mad at me for no reason, and that makes me sad. Or I get nervous basically waiting for her to paint me black again. Because if she's unbalanced and saying really intense and unreasonable things about how great I am, I know that level of emotional arousal could easily flip in the other direction.

Is it possible that you're getting nervous and that's making you blurt things out without thinking? Or maybe you just get too comfortable when things are going well, and so you forget to put in the huge amount of effort it takes to keep things going well?

workinprogress

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:31:41 PM »

Anyone ever sabotage their "white time", consciously or unconsciously?  Last night I was in my wife's good graces, but she was going off about someone doing something that she herself does (that happens a lot), and instead of just validating her and moving on I made some wisecrack that basically pointed out she was a hypocrite.  Totally unnecessary, and a little freaky when I realized what I did.  So now I'm wondering why, and made a few guesses.

1)  I'm mirroring BPD behavior.  A lot of BPDs get it from BPDs in their lives right?  This is the one I'm most worried about honestly.

2)  I'm passive-aggressively getting her back for the times she's ruined my good times.

3)  I somehow like being painted black?  Feel I deserve it?

4)  I know the shift from white to black will always come, I just don't know when or how.  I can never enjoy the white time anyway because of that.  Maybe I figure if I'm the one flipping the switch, I at least have some control over it.

I wouldn't really like any of those things to be true about me, but I don't see any more angles so I'm guessing it's some or all of those.  Anyone else have this experience?

DYK, I just figured this out recently.  So what if you misspeak or make a mistake?  A loving and caring partner would overlook it or get over it.  BPD's will hold it against you and paint you black.  It's a terrible way to live.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest