Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:20:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with a cheating BPD husband  (Read 364 times)
joann
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 14, 2015, 10:43:10 PM »

Help! Dealing with a very manipulative and cheating BPD husband.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

JQ

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 01:48:02 PM »

Help! Dealing with a very manipulative and cheating BPD husband.

Joann,

I like others hear can empathize with you in your situation. We kinda need a little bit more info to go on. Is he or do you suspect he's BPD? If he is anything like my 2 exBPDgf and their extra bf's it can be frustrating. I was invited to exBPDgf #2 therapist for "couples counseling" to start to work through some items. One of the things I mentioned was is that I wanted an exclusive monogamous relationship and the doc looked right at me and said, "JQ, that might not ever be possible".  It's an extreme fear of abandonment real or not. due to behavior learned long before you or i was in the picture. They learned it as a survival technique for whatever was happening in their life as a child. 

But all of that and more is what makes up someone who has BPD. I would like to suggest all the references here to the right and research everything BPD if that is the case. Stop walking on eggshells, I love you ... .I hate you ... .don't leave me, and The Human Magnet Syndrome are all books you can read from the library are also good places to start if your s/o is actually BPD.

JQ
HappyNihilist

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 03:48:27 PM »

Hi there, joann, and welcome to bpdfamily. There are a lot of people here who understand.

I'm sorry you're dealing with manipulation and infidelity in your marriage. That's tough. It's great that you're reaching out for support. It helps to talk.

Could you share with us a little more about your situation? Is your husband diagnosed BPD? How long have the two of you been together?

Most importantly, how are you feeling? How are your husband's actions and behavior affecting you?

Again, welcome. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest