Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 01:02:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello need help for my wife  (Read 333 times)
Hcmpguy
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 17, 2015, 12:23:36 AM »

She is bipolar, sexually abused as a child and recently diagnosed as BPD - I'm at a loss when she cycles and feel unable to help her.  I love her but I think I need help as I'm slowly losing my sanity
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

babyducks

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 05:10:13 AM »

Hi Hcmpguy,

Welcome.   It sounds like things have gotten pretty difficult for you and your family.   It is very hard to be in the situation you describe.   I know because my partner is also both Bipolar and BPD.

Would you feel okay to tell us a little more about what's going on currently?  Is she in crisis?  Is that how she recently got the BPD diagnosis?   Do you have kids?  If you share a little more, we might be able to provide some more specific feedback.

Everyone who introduces themselves here has The Lessons on the right hand side of the page pointed to them.

This is a cut and paste right from the first lesson.

Excerpt
For a long time you've been living with this sense of uneasiness and uncertainty, never knowing when a good day or moment would go suddenly and horribly wrong. That feeling of dread was a constant part of your life, and yet the blame for the problems were always cast onto you. Our goal is to help you obtain the knowledge to understand the chaos you've been living in and to recognize the various phases and symptoms your loved one will exhibit

If you are anything like me, that pretty much sums it up doesn't it?     Things would be fine and then suddenly they would be horrible and I would always be blamed and I never could understand it.   We would have these long bizarre arguments that made very little sense.   I understand when you say you feel like you are losing your sanity.

This site can help.   The Lessons can help.   There is order to this disorder.  It can be made sense of.   It won't be easy.   And it will take time.   

What I found to be true for me, is coming here, reading and posting, things slowly got better for me.  I wouldn't still be here if they didn't.   

so welcome, feel free to join in.

'ducks

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
citylist

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: 7 years married

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »

Man, do I feel where you are. I just jumped back on this site because I am once again right in the middle of my own insanity. I was looking at some of the posts I created just under a year ago and realize that I am back there again, right where you are. I really need to spend more time here. Welcome... .and I guess for me its welcome back. Its nice to have this place. I have read alot here and gained some new skills and insights. Hopefully you will find some comfort here as well. My wife is BP and BPD. She reminds me of a little 7 year old girl who insists on running life her way and has the rest of us running around like little crazies trying to keep up. Nothing ever makes much sense. She is mostly manic with big ideas that never go anywhere. She is as smart as a whip and never misses anything. I believe she has a photographic memory. Both her parents committed suicide when she was a young person at 12 and 20. Her older brother and sister will have nothing to do with her. Her 2 daughters just graduated and moved in with their father and hardly ever contact her. I am at the point that this all seems normal to me with her explanations. I think I am losing it. My wife is on meds but she chooses which ones she likes and I dont think they do any good. She says that weed helps her, so I turn my head and let it go. Now I live with a pot head manic controlling zombie. What am I doing... .I cant seem to leave.

Thanks for being here, I dont feel so all alone
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest