Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 10:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boyfriend with BPD?  (Read 335 times)
Cabochick1
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 17, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years now on and off, we have lived together in his home many times for brief periods until he kicks me out literally leaving me walking down the street homeless usually when I've done something to upset him that I hadn't even been aware was a major issue until he blows up. About a year ago he started pushing and shoving me and during our latest fight he told me I made him want to beat me senseless and he had to get away from me before I put him in jail. The latest fight came out of nowhere when I questioned whether he had seen a necklace of mine that was missing. He exploded after helping me look for a few minutes calling me horrible names and telling me I did nothing but cause him grief and drama and punching holes in the walls and shoving me when I tried to reach out to calm him. I've never seen him so upset. He was out of his mind screaming and made me leave. A few hours later I got a text saying that he had found my necklace and that I was lazy and had not even looked. I ended up texting back telling him that I was sorry. During those couple hours waiting for him to respond  I discovered  that he had been texting and messaging other women a few months back and basically cheating. He responded by telling me he was over it and to get my things out of his house. I didn't respond. Today he is accusing me of taking money from him and says he is now not going to return my necklace. Did I mention in the middle of his rage he threw my jewelry out in the front yard and smashed my phone. My head is spinning. This had been the longest stretch of "good" time we have had. It lasted six weeks and he was different than he had ever been. It was almost scary how kind and loving he was being and I almost believed we might be making progress. He says it's over and I'm so pathetic all I want is him to love me. I used to be a strong independent woman now I'm scared to make a move. I don't know how to respond to his texts or getting my things. I don't know how much more pain my heart can take let alone process the fact that he's been cheating. I'm broken.  I decided to go looking for answers online and interestingly enough came across BPD and remembered that last year in the middle of one of our breaks he had sent me a email with a link to BPD asking me to read it and take a look as he thought the issues we had stemming from me might be from BPD. But after finally reading up on it the description perfectly fits him. What do I do?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Rockylove

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:03:23 AM »

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years now on and off, we have lived together in his home many times for brief periods until he kicks me out literally leaving me walking down the street homeless usually when I've done something to upset him that I hadn't even been aware was a major issue until he blows up. About a year ago he started pushing and shoving me and during our latest fight he told me I made him want to beat me senseless and he had to get away from me before I put him in jail. ... .What do I do?

The first thing I will say is STAY SAFE!  I'm not sure if you are wanting to stay with this man or not, but in any event, I'd suggest reading everything you can get your hands on about BPD, beginning with the Lessons to the right on this page.  I hope you find solace in knowing you're not alone.  There is hope here.
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:44:17 AM »

Welcome

I want to join Rockylove in encouraging you to stay safe.

Then start reading the lessons... .link below.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=56206

Can you give us examples of his texts... .we can help with the response.

FF

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest