Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 10:43:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent: BPD Wife Angry/Jealous of Facebook Post w/ School Friends and Ex-GF  (Read 737 times)
flourdust

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 04:01:29 PM »

flourdust, It's hard to know if it's unusual, because I'm not aware of good statistics on the proportion of BPD spouses that have jealousy problems. From where I sit with a very jealous dBPDw, you are lucky to not have to deal with that aspect of BPD.

Fair enough! I guess we can all find aspects of each other's stories that we can be grateful we are spared from. Good luck to you.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Inquisitive1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 04:40:38 PM »

True. And good luck to you.
Fian

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 05:46:13 PM »

I would also like to comment on BPD shutting down your social side.  I don't know if my wife has BPD or not, but she has shut off all social avenues outside of her direct family.  Since I work from home, the only person I interact with is my wife.  I am an introvert, so it isn't that bad, but on the other hand, I have been dealing with depression, and my therapist pointed out that lack of social contact, especially for men, is a major source of depresssion.  Adding BPD to the picture, if the only person you interact with has BPD, then it can result in a very skewed view of the world.  It makes it more difficult to determine if your spouse's actions are normal or not.
Inquisitive1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 07:57:58 AM »

I hear you Fian, I strongly encourage you to find some semi-regular social situation just for you. I have a couple of buddies I go hiking with several times a month. Nice to have a least that. Sometimes my wife gets mad about it, but I stick with it and she mostly accepts it. Nice to have at least that much.

You might also try to find some sort of professional contacts to meet with on a weekly basis. Maybe just for lunch.

Having at least some contacts is really helpful.

When talking to my friends about her, I sometimes say she struggles with severe depression, which is true. I think depression is more generally understood and accepted than BPD. I'm afraid to talk to my family about her, because they're all so negative about her, I don't want to add to that fire. Really, this community is the only place I can be totally open.

I keep thinking of trying some National Alliance on Mental Illness support groups, which i've heard are available around the USA. I've heard they have ones for family members. I've heard the groups are variable, some good, some meh. Hard to fit into my busy schedule but you may want to check that out.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest