Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 05:29:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my partner  (Read 368 times)
gamblinwolf22
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 11, 2015, 11:56:00 PM »

my partner has BPD and has a compulsion of talking sexually to other guys through phone, social sites pretty much anything. I don't think she has ever acted out on these feelings but whenever I confront her I feel like I'm the one in the wrong that's how I'm made to feel we have been together for almost a year now and this problem hers has been around since we got together. she hides these things from me almost thinking I wont find out... .I'm really torn up to think the one person I love could do these things... or even lie to me about them... .I'm truly aching from all of it I'm constantly in and out of depression from this... sometimes I feel happier at work then when I am home. I drink everyday before bed to numb this pain I feel I want to feel like she cares enough not to lie to me... .
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

babyducks

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:30:04 AM »

welcome gamblinwolf22

I am glad you found us at bpdfamily.   I hope you don't mind a few questions?   Has your partner been diagnosed with BPD?   Is she in any type of treatment now?

What you are describing is very difficult.   Anyone would be stressed and upset.   You mentioned depression.   Have you been diagnosed and are you getting any type of treatment?

This website is designed to help support us.   There are tools and skills here which are designed to build our strength as we live in our relationships.

The place to start is the Lessons.  They are in the box on the right hand side of the screen so you can always refer to them.  Those links lead to other links.   There is a tremendous amount of information on this website, browse around at your own pace.

Welcome.   Come in, post, read, join our community.

'ducks

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
an0ught
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »

Hi gamblinwolf22,

you say she is not really cheating so it is not as bad. It almost sounds like you are feeling guilty about being so devastated. But then think about it - what if she would be discreetly cheating - how would you feel compared with what you are faced right now - open emotional abuse? What you are dealing with is hard and no wonder you are hurting  . Problem is of course that alcohol is about the last thing you need - alcohol lowers boundaries and makes you more vulnerable in the end. And yes, very short term it helps.

Have you taken a look a the LESSONS?

Welcome,

a0

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest