Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 01:57:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is she BPD? ~  (Read 444 times)
UserName69
AKA double_edge, Mr.Jason, Bradley101

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 14, 2015, 01:57:20 PM »

This is about a colleague I used to work with. She seemed very nice and friendly and I could get along with her. When I got to know her better she showed non normal behavior which made me think if she'd a BPD.

She needed help with some software, I had a copy of this software and she asked me if she could borrow it. I gave it to her because I have plenty copies laying around. She told me that the program couldn't start and she needed a fresh installation, she could do it by herself. On the disk I wrote the version number of the software, even mentioned it a couple times she was aware of the version number. Couple minutes later she texts me and asks me about the version, this while she was sitting a couple chairs away from me. I had my phone on silent mode so I didn't reply back, I saw her that entire day and she didn't mention it. Could this be an attempt to get attention?

An another moment that made me wonder if she's BPD was when she saw that I was wearing a ring. When she asked me what kind of ring it was she sounded very hostile. That day when I got home she sends me a voice message like she knew me for ages, I didn't even respond not because that I didn't want to but I didn't knew what to say back. Next day she text me again and asked me if I could help her out with the software, she even made pictures of her laptop screen while a couple days ago she claimed that her laptop screen was broken. So she was lying, could be an another attention craving attempt?

Couple hours later she asks me if I could or know someone who can fix her bike, this was very strange because that day she came to work on her bike as she did the next day so there was nothing wrong with the bike. I really started to wonder why she made all these lies up?

The next day she texted me again and said let me know when your coming so I will cook something nice for you. I found this to be very creepy because I never said that I would come over, why did she assume that I just would come? The entire message sounded like a goodbye letter, she ended it with "bye". From that day she didn't show up at work, I think she feels probably ashamed or guilty because I didn't take the bait and she knows that I'm not interested in her. Do you think she is a BPD?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

an0ught
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 02:59:32 PM »

Hi  Bradley101,

there are many types of disordered people, some only temporarily and it is hard to tell from the outside. A proper BPD diagnosis requires a professional looking at the person in detail and part of what plays into that are lifelong patterns.

What makes you concerned about this individual? You wrote you "used" to work with her which is past tense. You also write that you are not interested in her. Still you signed up here, post on the Staying board and are concerned about her.

What's up?

Welcome,

a0

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest