Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 03:02:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm new to this  (Read 363 times)
Kassandra

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« on: September 22, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »

I am new to this, so I guess I will start by saying that my husband has BPD. We have been married almost six years and almost divorced a few times. We are Christians and involved in ministry, we belong to a motorcycle ministry. We have a good life, some financial difficulties, we struggle with family issues, we have some good times, some bad. I am joining this site because I need a place to be heard. To express my feelings somewhere instead of keeping them hidden inside. I love him but it's exhausting and so hard to deal with sometimes. Of course I'm not perfect I have issues of my own that I continually work on. I have to, being a chemical dependency counselor and working with addicts, I see the things in me that need to change. But sometimes I get so overhelmed, I just need to get it out in a safe place, and maybe along the way I can help someone else I don't know. So Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Blessings 
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 10:51:41 PM »

Hello Kassandra,

Welcome

As a rider myself, a motorcycle ministry sounds intriguing. We're certainly a safe place to process your feelings, so I hope to hear more on how we can help.

Is your H diagnosed with BPD? What specific things have you struggled with over the years which have periodically brought you two to the brink of divorce?

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
unicorn2014

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:40 AM »

Welcome Cassandra! This is a good place to be to vent or air your thoughts or try on some ideas for size. The workshops give some good ideas, I'm currently working through them myself. I hope you find the help you need here!    Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Kassandra

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »

Turkish

I hope I am doing this right. Yes my husband was diagnosed when he went with me to a family session with my former therapist. She recommended that he see a therapist but he refused. She gave me the book walking on eggshells to read. It was very enlightening. He picked it up one day and read the back. I got some backlash but he hasn't brought it up since then.
Kassandra

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »

Thank You unicorn 2014 for the welcome. i appreciate it. my schedule has been crazy busy but I hope to be able to explore the website more this coming week. i will definetly check out the workshops.   
Kassandra

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 09:37:39 PM »

Turkish

I am sorry I did not answer all of your questions. We have come to the brink of divorce several times and if you would ask him he would say because i wasn't trusting him. But I would say it was because of his inability to set boundaries with others, treating me badly by the way he talked to me, pushed me away, made me feel unloved and unwanted by ignoring me and neglecting me. We have worked hard to get to the place we are now,  but even now i could never be honest with him about the way i feel.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 11:23:57 PM »

Turkish

I am sorry I did not answer all of your questions. We have come to the brink of divorce several times and if you would ask him he would say because i wasn't trusting him. But I would say it was because of his inability to set boundaries with others, treating me badly by the way he talked to me, pushed me away, made me feel unloved and unwanted by ignoring me and neglecting me. We have worked hard to get to the place we are now,  but even now i could never be honest with him about the way i feel.

I feel you here. I was accused of being a bad communicator (some truth to that, I had  PD traits  from a BPD mother after all), but in retrospect, I could have done better, fleas aside. My Ex felt neglected, yet I felt that she neglected our home, and more importantly, our young children. Some of this was probably normal man-woman stuff, but trying to processes it in the face of an often emotionally raw person who needed cinstant validation was nerve-wracking.

As you go through the lessons, understanding how a pwBPD (person with BPD) thinks is the first step. Learning to better validate the feelings of the pwBPD in our lives is the next. Skip ahead a bit to Lesson 3 and take a look at the validation tools. Though I've always been good with kids, the tools have helped me with them as well.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest