Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 04:42:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going for a walk  (Read 525 times)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: October 01, 2015, 08:03:48 PM »

it's raining... but I don't care.

I am tired, was up late last night trying to push some VA paperwork through I've been messing with for a while... .frustrating stuff.

Well, I got frazzled tonight and said something to my wife about it.

She went into attack/complain mode about how all I do is sit  on my a$$ and don't EVER help. 

I told her I wouldn't be denigrated and left the room.  She went to kids room and is ranting to them while they are laying down trying to sleep.

I guess I'm going to leave the house to try and calm down... .I feel like I'm at a breaking point... .not good.

:'(

FF

waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 01:57:54 AM »

I had similar a couple of days ago, except i got angry and stated I wasn't going to be treated like a 24/7 personal attendant and its about time she got off her ass and did something. Then went for a long walk through a local park lands, wasn't angry when I left. But my "enoughs enough" statement was angry.

She phoned the police while I was gone and made an abuse claim, they came around . After that she was on to the domestic abuse hotline, and the family ring around to triangulate.

First time she has done that. In the past it used to be an OD and off to ER.

Was a bit of a surprise, but a timely reminder that sort of false reporting is always a potential.

She felt guilty about it a couple of days later when it was obvious I wasn't acting chirpy as though it hadn't happened. So I am all white again now.

It all stems back a day or two earlier when she had a row on the phone with her brother and mum, both who have also been reported previously for abusing her. It was just projection and I provided the trigger. The rest is text book.

Any way it was a nice walk, and it was a sunny day Being cool (click to insert in post)

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 06:47:19 AM »

Unbelievable the similarities.

I had a nice walk, until I was detained by the police.  Other people were out walking as well, yet supposedly a teenager called in, saw me walking on a public road... .talking on my phone and thought it suspicious.

Remember, I'm a public figure here.  So I have lots of enemies or my wife could have involvement.

I was not taken into custody and let the officer know I will be speaking with town manager and chief today.

Pretty much everybody gets a freebie... .after that it is harassment and I will sue.

FF

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »

Unbelievable the similarities.

I had a nice walk, until I was detained by the police.  Other people were out walking as well, yet supposedly a teenager called in, saw me walking on a public road... .talking on my phone and thought it suspicious.

Remember, I'm a public figure here.  So I have lots of enemies or my wife could have involvement.

I was not taken into custody and let the officer know I will be speaking with town manager and chief today.

Pretty much everybody gets a freebie... .after that it is harassment and I will sue.

FF

That sucks.  Sorry you were at your breaking point.  It's hard.  I was surprised I stayed so calm the other night with my wife.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 08:51:13 AM »

Unlikely that I will ever find out the identity of who called. 

I will be meeting with the chief of police later today to file an official report that I believe the call was frivolous.

My understanding, after talking with my L this morning, is that will trigger them to investigate the caller and then nothing will happen.

However, the caller will essentially be put on notice that "they have had their freebie".

Pretty much anyone can claim to be scared, confused... .whatever once... .maybe twice.  After that it is an undeniable pattern that is directed at me.

My goal is to deny them the second call.

Sigh... .

FF

Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:35:36 PM »

Ugh. Sorry to hear  you had to deal with that.

Funny timing too... .I'd been staying with my parents for a while, and would often go for a walk in their neighborhood. (Subdivision of long skinny 2~5 acre lots in a rural area that is still within LONG commuting range of a big city) Usually it is either to walk, or because I am talking to a good friend about stuff I'm not particularly comfortable talking to my parents with--I'm just not that close to them on a deep emotional level. So I'm often walking and talking on my cell phone.

Last week, while walking I had the sheriff pull up and talk to me. He had been called by somebody who thought I was suspicious. He acted like he had to respond, but (at least upon seeing me walking) didn't think I was a concern. He even asked me "Are you suspicious?" at one point. After 1~2 minutes talking (he didn't even get out of the car), he went about his way and so did I.

When I told my parents, they were immediately sure which neighbor it was who called them. This neighbor had called the police before on other people, and when they were looking at their property many years ago (after putting in an offer to purchase but before closing) had this neighbor show up with a gun wondering what they were up to and who they were!

In my case, the "pattern" is that these people are kinda paranoid... .not targeting anybody specific. Easier to deal with, I suspect.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »

Yeah... .my goal is that this person... .whoever they are... .gets 1 call... .

Very frustrating... .I've got enough crap going on in my life without this

FF

Daniell85

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 12:45:19 PM »

Well nothing  like trying to take a walk and get some peace with  nature and then getting pounced on for "abuse" or because you might be a terrorist. What the heck, people walk around all day with cell phones glued to their ear!

Guys, we have our limits. Sometimes you just reach them. I think I read here that it's a clue that maybe you are not taking care of yourself. Any plans beyond walks that set off paranoid people ... .so you can take care of yourself FF?
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »

Today I did a whole lot of nothing... .with D2.  Was a great day just to be a dad.

My life is complicated... .I believe I have some steps in place that are going to uncomplicate it... .somewhat.

More on that later.

I'm going to keep talking walks... .

Sigh...

FF

KateCat

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 02:21:23 PM »

I still keep taking those long walks, though I too triggered someone to call the police regarding a suspicious character wandering the neighborhood. (There had been burglaries in the neighborhood, and after I got over my indignant personalization of the situation, I decided that it would be indeed be brilliant for a burglary crew to have a spotter who looked more like Miss Marple than a Goodfella.)

Keep on truckin'.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 02:43:35 PM »

KateCat,

There is some history of me "just happening" to be the guy that an anonymous person reported as suspicious.

I was a public figure, made some hard calls that made a lot of powerful political people mad and emptied some of their pocketbooks, but they were the right call to make.

From what you have seen of my "flexibility" on these boards... .are you surprised?   Being cool (click to insert in post)

Chances that this really was random... .are very low. 

Chances I will ever be able to prove that are also very low.

FF

KateCat

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »

As a suspicious character myself, I am curious about what the officer said when he stopped you. Was there a description of what allegedly made you "suspicious?"

(I see this had to be quite different than most stops like this. Mine, for instance, came with an explanation I could fully understand: I had been blithely wandering all over this area, chatting regularly on the cellphone with my sister, and, since both of us were actively in the real estate buying-and-selling market at that time, I'm sure I was eyeing homes with For Sale signs, and probably getting too up close and personal with them. Add to that a string of break-ins, and it made sense that I was on a short list of some type.)

You were just reported as walking on a public road, talking on a phone? Sheesh.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »

As a suspicious character myself, I am curious about what the officer said when he stopped you. Was there a description of what allegedly made you "suspicious?"

My initial chat with the officer was friendly... .I wanted information (especially based on my history)... .as soon as he realized he was giving up information that he shouldn't have... he got on his game face and played it straight.

A call was made that a male (my description) was walking down a public road (well lit) and talking on the cell phone.  This teenager thought it was suspicious and was scared.  (there has been a repetitive script in these "multiple unrelated incidences" of a teenager that is scared of a guy with my description)

I live on this road.  I walk it all the time.  I have never heard of a person being approached by police in this manner.  I will push for stats from chief of police.  People drive from other places to walk this "loop".  So... .yes... .strange people walk it... .all the time.

But, I'm a neighbor.

One or two coincidences... .I can believe are independent... .I'm at 4 or 5 "coincidences" that "just happened".

Hmmmm... .   

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 07:53:49 PM »

so you can take care of yourself FF?

Heading to bed now... .very high hopes to log some serious sleep time to help catch up and get me back to top of my game.

No alarms set... . 

Lots of people in my family get excited about Friday nights because they can stay up... .I'm looking forward to sleeping. 

FF

GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »

so you can take care of yourself FF?

Heading to bed now... .very high hopes to log some serious sleep time to help catch up and get me back to top of my game.

No alarms set... . 

Lots of people in my family get excited about Friday nights because they can stay up... .I'm looking forward to sleeping. 

FF

I definitely identify... .Friday is the night I know I can sleep without an alarm nor expecting to wake at 3:00 AM thinking about work.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
thisagain

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 09:17:43 PM »

Friday is the best night. Hope you're snug in bed with the light off, FF!

13YearGoodbye

Relationship status: No Contact Since 2015-08-14.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 10:21:24 PM »

She went into attack/complain mode about how all I do is sit  on my a$$ and don't EVER help.  

I told her I wouldn't be denigrated and left the room.  She went to kids room and is ranting to them while they are laying down trying to sleep.

Reminds me of my woman a few days before I left. She was dysregulated and extra dis-inhibited by alcohol, and was throwing one gripe (or gaslight) after another at me. I was really on my game, returning softness for each harsh thing that she said. Eventually, she kicked the dog and started screaming at it... .
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 10:49:03 PM »

It isn't fun to be "rousted" or even stopped and questioned,.but if a call is made, it's SOP to investigate. We were investigated once. The cop (a guy I knew from high school) was apologetic and even sympathetic, but said he was required to respond.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 06:13:32 AM »

It was wonderful.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)   Near as I can figure about 10 hours of solid sleep. 

I'm up, everyone else is asleep.  I'm sipping coffee and having some breakfast while looking over this site and thinking about my day.

Amazing how much better I feel, physically and mentally.

I got some big things done last week, projects that had lots of hours and details put into them.  Now I'm in the waiting stage to see results.

I "spent" some of my sleep last week staying up late to get them done.  Right now it feels worth i, but I had a couple challenging days after getting low on my sleep.  Didn't feel worth it then.

Many times I wish there was a pause button on life.

FF

IHYIDLY

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 08:39:43 AM »

Sorry FF, and everyone who has been "detained". I too go for long walks. It brings me some peace that has been very hard to find lately. Right now I'm sitting in my car in a park just for some of that peace ( it's raining ).

I walk in large circles within 1 mile of my house. Usually I don't bring my wallet for fear of getting mugged. I guess I should start just to prove who I am and where I live.

Hoping this kind of unneeded wrinkle doesn't happen to anyone else... .
Daniell85

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 08:46:43 AM »

I like getting up early in the morning sometimes. So nice to just have that quiet. Glad you were able to get some good sleep. 

Regarding being stopped like that, I live in the Midwest in a very benign little town and it never even occurred to me that someone would report me for much of anything.

Except when I was going through a divorce years ago, my ex husband gunned for me and dragged the divorce out for over a year. It was personal, not random. People can really hold onto a grudge.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest