Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 04:38:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anyway to address this? Or just let it go as a quirk.  (Read 348 times)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:44 AM »

I sent an email about some coordination issues around one of my kid's midterm grades. I suspected there was some missing work and it turns out there was.  Thinking that my wife might have knowledge that was useful, I emailed her about D10s grade issues in a couple subjects.  In her email response she starts off saying "I'm going to be blunt here about D10" and then I get stuff that (to me) had no bearing on grades.  She talked about what other teachers said, a gifted program etc etc.    There was nothing blunt or offensive (or helpful) about her answer.  I've also noticed that many times when she "just mentions" something to me it is abusive, blunt, direct.  Almost like there is a disconnect.  In her mind when she announces "bluntness" anything but that comes out.  And when she announces "just mentioning something in an offhand way" and incredibly piercing, blunt, direct statement comes out.  Is there anyway to address this?  Or just let it go as a quirk.  So, I've got this email that means nothing to me, do I ask for clarification or let it go.  My gut says let it go.  This reminds me a bit of Cat Familiars direct versus indirect communication thread.    My only reason for posting is that it worries me to let her know that I haven't the foggiest clue What the heck she is talking about in email she sent me and that I see no bearing/connection between D10s grades and what she wrote about.  Thoughts?                    

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »

Note:  There have been several other emails and texts that are helpful, applicable and make sense.    So, that is the one thing giving me pause about just letting it go.  She was trying to communicate something and it veered off into weirdness.                    

FF

enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »

It sounds to me that she is being defensive. She may feel that you asking what you did was a criticism of her parenting and as there is no easy answer that makes her look good then she is flip flopping with her reply.

I don't know if theres a way you can phrase these things where she may not be so defensive.

Maybe something like "I know D10 can be forgetful. Did she forget to hand in some work. I was thinking this could be why her grades have dropped. Thanks".

Maybe not the best example as it blames your daughter but I hope you get what I mean.

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »

I do get that.  Point of clarity.  D10 is here with me along with some other kids.  Wife is 8-9 hours away with some of our other kids in our new location.    If anything, I would guess she was trying to be "blunt" about me screwing something up "on my watch".  Who knows  I just pick up on things when someone (especially my wife says) "I'm going to be clear here, " and anything but a clear statement comes out.                    

FF

enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:31:47 AM »

Maybe it threw her so she flip flopped as she couldn't work out if she had dropped the ball.

She wanted to be blunt but couldn't be. Maybe she said it in the hope that something blunt would come out.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest