Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 02:22:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slightly strange behaviour  (Read 365 times)
Yaffle

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 05, 2016, 08:03:10 AM »

This may or may not be anything to do with my girlfriends BPD but there was something that happened over the Christmas break that has got me slightly worried.

She was sat in our front room with the TV on.  I walked in and noticed that the curtains were drawn which we haven't done for at least 12 months.  I asked why and she replied 'Because its dark'.  I sat down and didn't rally think much more about it other than perhaps she's going to get back into the habit of closing them when we're sat watching telly after dark but they haven't been shut again since.

Anyway we were sat there for a while when she got up and went into the kitchen.  She came back out with some recycling which she took out to the bin out the front.  Again, this is slightly unusual as she has a bag in the front porch that she fills up with recycling before taking it to the bin and this was only a couple of small items.

I took her explanation at face value and carried on watching the tv but then I noticed there was a car parked outside our gate with someone sat in it which got me thinking whether she's been out to see the person or not and if she had, why?  Its not unusual to have cars parked outside our house as our neighbours often have visitors but with the person still being sat in the car and the other things mentioned above... .I could be reading too much into an innocent situation but I'm not confident.  And if she was seeing the person in the car, albeit very briefly, then why?  I 've a few possible explanations but none make perfect sense.

1. She could be seeing someone else and popped out to see them briefly.  I think this is unlikely as that's the one boundary I put in place (while unaware of BPD) and have not reason to think she's ever done it before.

2. It could have been her niece who she has only just started seeing again after a family argument a few years ago but why not tell me as I know she meets up with her anyway?

3.  Could she be buying drugs or something?  She has been suffering with various illnesses which have been getting her down so perhaps she's seeing if drugs will help her feel better but she's never taken drugs in the past and wouldn't smoke anything (I think) as she has bad asthma.

Then my paranoia kicks in a bit - 

4. Could she have been paying someone to follow me?  I know she doesn't trust me and always thinks I'm meeting up with other women but why would the person need to come to our house to meet her?  She has put spy software on my phone in the past so it could be something like that but again why the need to come to our house?

5. Real paranoia at this bit - could she be getting someone to beat me up?  I really don't think she'd do that even though we haven't been getting on.

Hopefully it is just me reading too much into the situation!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Chilibean13

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 12:15:55 PM »

Hard to say. I'd just be aware of your surroundings. I would think if she were out to get you that she wouldn't have the person meet her at the house. It does indeed sound like she had the curtains closed so you couldn't see her talking to the person in the car. Can you casually mention it?
Yaffle

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:29:41 AM »

Not really.  Our communication levels are pretty low and anything I do mention will be taken as me questioning her.  Just another little mystery I suppose
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest