Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manic days  (Read 460 times)
wundress

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married but living separately for now.

« on: January 08, 2016, 02:22:59 AM »

Does anyone else's partner have manic days? Like can't sit still, can't focus, makes random ridiculous statements, is illogical etc

Yesterday was one of these days for my wife. It put me on edge and I felt really uncomfortable around her. Then today she is in a really irritable mood. There must be some kind of link.

I tried to get my wife to go for a walk yesterday to walk off some of the excess energy but she didn't want to hear anything.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

babyducks

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 05:18:35 AM »

Yes.  My partner is also bipolar which can be comorbid.   She has just recently had a setback with the bipolar disorder.    For us the random statements are delusion and psycho motor over flow.  It's not something my partner can control.   

How is going for you today?

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
wundress

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:06:25 AM »

Ah my partner doesn't have bipolar. She just has odd days where she is bonkers! In the nicest possible way... .

She endrd up taking her meds earlier yesterday in order to calm down and so she fell asleep. She was being so rude and inconsiderate. However thisnmorning she was even worse. Not so manic but just rude, snappy, shouting, aggressive. I ended up ignoring her and couldn't wait for her to leave for work! Felt very annoyed as yesterday I had done her tax assessment for her, went to her psych appointment with her, and I was feeling vulnerable about something from my own past.

I feel really fed up with it.

babyducks

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 07:30:30 AM »

It makes sense you would feel annoyed and fed up.   Living with someone with a mental health issue is stressful.    It takes a toil.     I have been struggling with bronchitis, and have been sitting a particularly difficult shiva.  This is when my partner has an episode of her Bipolar. 

At one level I understand this is what I signed up for.   It's part and parcel of having a romantic relationship with someone with a mental illness.    Things go wrong.   There are difficulties.   All relationships have challenges,  mine has some unique ones.  It will never be easy and it's important to take an honest and unflinching look at that.

The flip side of that coin is when I get tired, and fed up I need to self care.   I'm responsible to take appropriate breaks and give myself mini holidays to recharge my own batteries.

Feeling fed up is normal,  what can you do to make your day better?

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
wundress

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:17:52 AM »

She also does this weird flirty behaviour. She flirts and comes onto me but then rejects me if I respond. This is a recent thing. I find it hurtful because we have both been through our own experiences of sexual abuse and recently I have been really struggling and trying to make a decision whether to report the man who abused me. I've always been supportive about her sexual issues but now it feels like she is throwing mine in my face. It also feels a lot like attention seeking.

babyducks

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »

PwBPD have porous boundaries and a strong desire to merge into amoeba like oneness.  Until it feels uncomfortable and then they want you to move away.

It sounds like you have a lot going on.  A lot of your own stuff to deal with.    It will be very difficult for your wife to consistently support you.  Are you able to get personal support outside your marriage?   From friends and family?

wundress

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 10:20:24 AM »

I haven't talked about it with my family as the guy works for them! I have counselling but in between sessions is hard.

Cloudy Days

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »

My husband will definitely have days where he seems Manic. He has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder but I really think the only reason he became Manic before was because they tried to put him on depression meds and it set him off. I've been with him for 10 years and only seen one actual Manic episode and it lasted 3 months, ending with hospitalization.

Yesterday he seemed manic, very odd behavior seemed much more energetic and just was rude and kept jumping to conclusions about things. I wanted to run for the hills. He seems to be better today, but this is not the first time I thought "are you manic?". I'm not sure what causes it, I always thought it was him skipping a dose on his meds but then he will claim he took his meds.

It's not the future you are afraid of, it's repeating the past that makes you anxious.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest