Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally broke it off with BPD BF  (Read 371 times)
boxingring
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 31, 2016, 10:20:55 AM »

After a roller coaster of 6 years I finally officially broke it off.  Via text.  I couldn't deal with the explosions anymore which were now so close together I had no time to process and recover.   Felt like I was always in a boxing ring not knowing which corner to go to recover and no matter which one I went to as soon as I got back in the ring there was another verbal punch to the point I was getting verbal punches when I tried to recover.  I bought the wrong pizza.  I was driving too close the curb.  The chicken wasn't thawed out all the way.  Couldn't find something fast enough in the pantry.  The list goes on... .trivial things that would send him into a RAGE.  He is now 60 years old. I am 54.  He has had 2 failed marriages and several long term relationships which ended badly but he was always the victim.  I see all the blaring red flags now but with my childhood of quietly dealing with trauma on my own it enabled me to quietly deal with him until I was literally an internal mess of quiet constant tears, dreading his calls and seeing him while craving the over the top adoration bestowed on me in the beginning.   I thought THAT guy would return if I could just anticipate and adjust the verbal punches to get out of the ring but no matter how quick my footwork... .bam another verbal blow. You would think I was an uneducated, unattractive,  blob to continue this dance with him.  I am a college graduate, attractive, fit and everyone says I look like I am in my early 40's.  He is a good looking, oozing charisma, ex football player with whom I was enamored.   Quite cathartic to put this in words.  What help do I need?  What comments would be helpful?  I dread and yet secretly hope he "sees the light" & contacts me to make it all better for both of us.  We've had several breakups over the years none lasting more than 2 weeks where he contacted me and I went back just to ease the excruciating pain of the break up.  It's approaching 2 weeks and I want... .NEED to be strong enough to withstand the invitation back into the boxing ring.  My ego wants it.  My heart desires it.  My head is telling me don't even look at the ticket box.  Thank you for listening and any comments. 
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

LilMe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Together 10 years; now living apart since April 2016

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:28:43 AM »

Welcome boxingring!

You are safe and among friends here. Do you have someone you can talk to or hang out with? It helps to have support. Sadly, many of us have experienced the same situation. I am glad you found this site! Be sure to read the articles and such here - it is very helpful. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest