Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 05:10:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: here we go again  (Read 387 times)
adaw

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 17, 2016, 06:05:14 PM »

first a bit about myself: i have a background in psychology. i am a three times published author and poet, i am a part time actor, i am a pacifist. i had by some miracle beaten a 30 year battle with PTSD and Severe Anxiety Disorder and have my therapist baffled. currently i am using no meds.

About her: an ex colonel in the defense force, an artist in her own right (even though she lies about what she has done).

the problem: i am very outspoken on social issues and am writing my fourth novel. i caught the attention of a powerful group of people with money who want to promote me as we serve the same cause. the day before my first interview a few people contacting me after i announced my break through on social media, asking me how dare i steal her limelight claiming it to be my own. i forwarded the invite to them and it clearly states my name and my works as their point of interest. she was invited as my plus one. (Trust me they love the limelight only to be on them).

at first i thought skip the interview she will steal the show, then i realized she wants to control me, so i agreed to do it. the rest i wrote about in a previous post.

then a new kind of crazy popped up: You need someone in your life who share your interest and who is just like you. i replied in no way does that make any sense it will be like dating myself.  she kept on commenting how she needed a partner who understands and respects war. i told her that is screwed up as i can se how the war messed her up. then realizing it is the 5 year old child speaking i am wasting breath. so i walked away.

the news came that the interview was very positive and that the sponsors want more of me. i shared this with her. invited her again as plus one. again she failed to show up. it was a 4 hour interview all recorded with photoshoots, videos and vocals.

when she came back she asked did i take the reporter for drinks. i asked her have you ever seen me socializing with reporters?

you two will make a nice couple. you like the same things.

i told her i do not mix business with pleasure.

not yet.

she always oversteps that boundary and i have warned her that it is bad ethics as the person who is supposed to promote you gets too embroided in your life.

and secondly the lady has more hang ups than a closet. (frankly dealing with BPD drains my energy so much i hardly noticed what the journalist looked like).

did she call you today? did you call her? what is happening next?

i stated once again if the sponsors like this interview with the journalist i will be notified on the 16th of may. so until then i will carry on as if the two interviews never happened.

no, you must the envelope they will forget about by then.

i tried to explain that the mere that i got a call back is enough, but she don;t understand the real entertainment industry as she was never exposed to true performing artists. she had a small pub where local musicians performed. this deal is a huge national drive and if i get in it will only be a start.

then she started about why i should call the journalist and meet her again. i said no thanks i don't date work. and started talking to a 5 year old again. so i just left the conversation
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 07:34:03 PM »

she always oversteps that boundary and i have warned her that it is bad ethics as the person who is supposed to promote you gets too embroided in your life.

and secondly the lady has more hang ups than a closet.

You picked up the drama ball there and hit it back with a touch of JADE. I am guess frustration levels were rising at that point?

Do you think that somehow your writing engrosses you into a different world, this in itself maybe be felt as a rival for her attention?

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
adaw

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:35:33 AM »

i write from 2 am to 10 am while she is sleeping no competition. take a nap between four and six in the afternoon and then stay up til midnight with her
waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 06:41:02 AM »

i write from 2 am to 10 am while she is sleeping no competition. take a nap between four and six in the afternoon and then stay up til midnight with her

When I say competition I dont mean taking time physically away, rather you may be more interested in that than her (in her perception). As in its your "other" life

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
adaw

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:41:47 AM »

update got a text today while i was sitting in the surgeons waiting room. when are you moving in with journalist? this type of insane accusations drives me up the wall. so i replied what does the journalist to do with us? she replied i am glad you met someone new. then i answered it always saddens me to see her going through a bad spot as it always creates situations in her head of me leaving her in a time when she needs me most and turned my phone off. yes she does feel threatened by my books as i am always plotting in my head and she picks up when i zone out.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest