Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I paranoid?  (Read 405 times)
rarsweet

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 25, 2016, 08:05:01 PM »

I have recently joined the Board of Directors for a parenting education and child development agency, where I did the programs and then became a volunteer. Tomorrow night we are doing a presentation for the public. It is about the importance of a strong foundation in the 0-4 year range. I was asked to be one of the 3 speakers. I was so happy to be asked. I didn't realize it would happen, but today the 3 of us happen to be on the front page of the newspaper. Now I am so afraid ex will come and make a scene. He seems to be getting more and more dis-regulated and it's scary. It seems like the better I do the worse he gets. Is it just paranoia?
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:12:12 PM »

Maybe it's a healthy paranoia 

Do you think it s wise to plan, like alerting security?

Do you think he reads the paper?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
scraps66

Relationship status: Separated 9/2008, living apart since 1/2010

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 07:07:34 AM »

The results of my court-ordered psychological evaluation showed that I had signs of paranoia.  This was somewhat validating for me, I am by nature a little cautious and suspicious, but a four year divorce ordeal with a sociopath put me over the edge.  All of it was justified.  It is difficult to let your guard down when dealing with BPs, maybe even inadvisable.  The few people around me, like my girlfriend, call it paranoia and don't really understand why.  Kind of like they don't believe someone can act the way a BP does.  They can!
rarsweet

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 08:40:37 PM »

Well he didn't come. I was on the front page of the paper the next day. He emailed saying " you are not a good mother, not a good person, you disgust me". I ignored.
Herodias

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »

Glad he was a no show... .you just have to laugh at the dramatic texts... .all to try and upset you. You did the right thing-ignore!
rarsweet

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 05:24:04 AM »

I saw these papers stuck to telephone poles a couple of days ago. He and his dad are having a huge yard sale at his dads house. Pretty sure that's how he is making money. Find junk somewhere and sell it. Pathetic. Still no job even after once again telling the court on March 19th that he was trying to get a job and had interviews lined up.
Herodias

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 06:41:51 AM »

Remember that what they tell you is usually a projection of what they think of themselves. You can't the it seriously and you can't feel bad for them or you get sucked in. I took classes through NAMI the National Alliance for Mental Illness. Basically you have to lower your expectations. My ex kept telling me I could do better and to make sure I found someone better than him. You can't get angry at them completely, they are doing the best they can at times. You just have to keep yourself afloat best you can. I know it's hard. You believed what they told you that they would be there for you... .I am trying too. I am very fortunate not to share a child with mine. I depended on him financially though and spent way too much money on him and am now in a hole. Mine is trying to lower payments to me... .I pray it won't happen as he has gone out and gotten someone else pregnant. We will be divorced in June and his baby is doe in the next two weeks. We had lost our child during the pregnancy. He thinks a baby is going to make him happy. It's really sad. They are pathetic... .We just have to muster up the strength to carry on... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest