Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:41:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: enough  (Read 528 times)
rarsweet

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 07, 2016, 06:15:25 AM »

Well I got woken up to my coworker calling me. My ex had just been into my work and flipped out of the blue on 2 of my coworkers. Called them b___es and rude ___s. Got in a girls face, she is about 5 feet talk 100 lbs. Apparently one of them simply asked him if he likes ice coffee. He just snapped. Was yelling so loud the 2 guys working came to help My female coworker. My coworker is so upset, crying. And I have to go in to work now. Ugh.
Kwamina
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »

Hi rarsweet,

That's horrible that your ex did that. How are your coworkers doing now?

I am assuming this is that second job you recently posted about. Your ex had been coming in for every weekend morning since about late February while he never used to before. You said he never said a word to anyone, but now he clearly did have something to say

Has your ex ever done anything like this before? Has he ever unexpectedly showed up at any of your previous jobs before?

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
rarsweet

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 02:52:01 PM »

Oh my God it just gets worse. A couple of weeks ago someone called my second job asking when I was working next. My coworker said that they said they were supposed to deliver a package for me. I wasn't there at the time and my coworker said she hung up on them. Last week it happened again. When I first met ex I had a different number than I do now. One of my customers happens to have my old number now. She comes in and jokes about the calls she gets for me.Today she came in and told me the last 2 weeks she has been getting calls from an investigator looking for me. Apparently ex reported that I stole his truck to his insurance and loan carriers. Apparently they are just using the phone number that he had put down when he used me as a reference, we were together when he first got the truck.  I also worked at my second job then. I have worked there 3 times. Dumb*** probably told them he doesn't know where I am not realizing that they can track me down. I assume the calls have been so that they can come get me and the truck when I am at work. So I have the number for the investigator and I am going to call him, tell him exactly where ex and his truck are now. I am livid. Just a con trying to do another money scheme.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 11:13:31 PM »

This might fit the definition of assault:

www.legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/assault

It sounds like he's getting worse, escalating. A lot of people are aware of him in your community. What's your safety plan?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:29:25 AM »

Might want to check into a restraining/protection order around you and your places of work.

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
david

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »

Your co workers need to call the police if it happens again. Also, they should record it on their phone.

ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »

And they shouldn't allow him to sit and wait around.  Would a manager or someone in HR (hopefully accompanied by a couple burly male police officers) inform him that he has no business being there and not to return ever?  And then get a copy of the officer's report.  This is impacting your workplace (workers, customers, etc) and should be nipped in the bud.  But don't let yourself or your coworkers face him alone.

By getting a police report, then if he returns again that would be more likely to be basis for further legal action if it gets that far.  My story, I recall when my ex created a scene at my daycare and the director called the police and they helped her depart, the director then went to court to file for a harassment order.  She had to withdraw it because, if I recall correctly, she was told that the proper way for a business to handle it was to handle it like a trespassing incident if it happened again.

You can seek a protection order which would also apply while you were at work but your employer may have to consult the legal staff to determine how to address unwelcome visitors.

rarsweet

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 06:51:19 PM »

I spoke to the investigator earlier. They've actually been watching my home and work. Unbelievable. But good news is I let them know exactly where he and his truck really are. Apparently he hasn't made a payment since October. He notified them 57 days ago that I had taken it. Now do I try to get a restraining order? Is this enough?
rarsweet

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 08:21:14 PM »

Just had the police here. They can't do anything.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »

After the fact, or at the time of incident? If the police are called, they would probably come if he were causing a disturbance and refused to leave, say.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
rarsweet

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 04:27:29 AM »

Yes they said they could act if we called while he was flipping out not after. There is nothing I can do about him claiming I stole his truck since he only reported it to his loan carrier. I am thinking however that I have to address this in family court. The judge still has not issues any order since out hearing back in March. I think this has got to be even more reason for supervised visits at least. Not to mention the fact that he meant seen her for 3 months now. Also isn't it perjury since he put on his financial affidavit that he was paying a car payment and he hasn't paid since October?  He must not have car insurance anymore either if his car is supposedly gone. I realized after talking to the investigator, who said he filed the report 57 days ago, that 57 days ago was exactly the day he came back into the area after being gone for a month. We had court 4 days later and he sat in that court and called me a liar. Knowing he had just claimed I stole his truck. He is really sick.
david

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »

I believe, since the police were called, you can get the report of the call and the reason why. This way, the next time he does that the police can be called right away and you will have two pieces of evidence.

ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 08:52:22 AM »

After the fact, or at the time of incident? If the police are called, they would probably come if he were causing a disturbance and refused to leave, say.

Yes they said they could act if we called while he was flipping out not after.

The police are often the "first responders" when we call 911.  They assess what they see at that time.  Calling them afterward is certainly less effective, as you've learned.  For example, imagine you call 911 and say "Last week my Ex did... ."  Likely the response would amount to "Call us back when it's an emergency."

He is really sick.

No one will stand up for your or your child as much as you.  YOU are your own best advocate.  Accept others aren't in your shoes, not your co-workers, not the officers, not your lawyer, not the judge.  Whether he is "really sick" or whatever, they won't advocate for protections and orders as much as you can and should.  They won't stand up for you as much as YOU can stand stand up for yourself.  They will support you but won't do it for you.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest