Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 11:55:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Their bottomless pit of emptiness  (Read 394 times)
ArleighBurke

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: was married - 15 yrs

« on: May 08, 2016, 06:03:15 PM »

Mothers day was crap (again). (uBPDw with 3 kids 12,9,5).We had 3 separate blow ups. But I just want to focus on the first... .

For the last week my wife was saying how much she didn't like token gifts anymore. For mothers day the 2 girls bought little stuff from the school stall. The oldest son wasn't able to. I talked with him and said that we didn't have to get a gift, we could make something, or do a service instead. We talked for a while. I ended saying I was quite happy to go to shops with him if he wanted. He said he'd make breakfast for mum. So he did - sausages, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, mushrooms and baked beans. He served it up. After, at morning tea time, BPDw complained to me:

- Son's gift didn't count because it wasn't a gift. I said does it have to be a girt? Does a service count? She said this one didn't because "he didn't put much effort into it - he didn't consult a recipe or do the shopping himself." (Last year he gave her a small statue with a very loving handmade message)

- she told me that mothers day didn't feel special to her (this was at 10am, after having all the kids give gifts, and having breakfast).

- she told me that previous mothers days were loving and from the heart, but for the last 3 yrs they weren't from the heart anymore (3 yrs ago i learnt about BPD and started emotionally separating from her).

- each year the kids and I select family photos from the year and make a scrap book page (we've done it for the last 12 years!). She said that was nice, but it was practical and not from the heart, because we only selected photos that were already taken - "I'm not complaining, but it wasn't like you made a special photo shoot for the page... ."

How the HELL do you vaildate all this? My first response is wanting to tell her she's a selfish b!tch. Then I want to tell her that I'm so sorry that I'll never be able to fill that bottomless pit of emptiness she has. But in the end I just feel sh!t.

Your journey, your direction. Be the captain!
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

waverider
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »

I think they want something that is totally not necessary rather than something that is part of normality, that is what makes it special.

To her breakfast is breakfast, nothing changes. The fact that your son made the effort doesn't mean much. It mean't little more than if you had made it. It is about what she receives not what is given.

Mothers day is a testing day for BPD mums as they feel insecure as to their our mothering skills. Almost like it is judgement day

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest