Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:45:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extreme depression and suicidal thoughts - venting and needing advice  (Read 435 times)
WytchBaby

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 11, 2016, 08:37:53 PM »

I know that title is scary and the first thing people should say is get medical help.

Please keep reading though.

This is about my wife. There are several things impacting her curent emotional and mental health state. Firstly in my books is that with her doctors consent she was weaning off of one medicine (abilify).

There have been issues with a friend and her and they currently aren't speaking.  Her mother is battling cancer.

She's always expressed feelings of depression on and off. And of course feels like a burden to others.

This past weekend she had a very bad weekend being mad at that friend I mentioned earlier and then other friends standing up for the other person, so she felt cornered, gang up on and like she is always the bad guy.

I stayed home from work on Monday to support her. I went to work on Tuesday,  but was home within two hours because I got what read like a suicide text message. I still do not know why she sent it as she had no intentions to take her life that day.

Through talking and questioning I found out her idea is to wait to see what happens with her mother as she will not put her mother through this.

I am now working from home the rest of the week and I don't work on the weekends. And am trying to figure out what to do about next week.

In the meantime she has gone back on abilify. I hope that will kick in within a week or two and the feelings will ease.

I also am trying so hard to get her to a pshyciatrist.

Here is why I haven't done anything medical. She's has been to the hospital twice and will not deal with it again. There were major issues with her service dog where they did not follow proper policy and procedures. I have actually prepared for than event, but for her there just is no going back.

She has an appointment with her family doc at the end of the month. I will go with her.

She feels like no one can help her though I believe she recognizes that I am trying.

I just needed to vent for one and to see if anyone else has been here and has any alternative ideas.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

waverider
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 03:14:17 AM »

i understand how heading off to hospital can often create more stress and make things worse.

However it is important that you speak to a crisis line, or similar, for your own support. You dont want to be alone in this. You can loose perspectve and miss cues.

Any chance of getting the docs appointment brought forward?

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest