Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 07:12:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid wife moving out as part of separation  (Read 389 times)
ackybreaky
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« on: May 18, 2016, 05:31:37 PM »

My wife is highly intelligent, but acts emotionally and vindictive.  She wants to move out, but I know it is a mistake without trying to get some counseling.  We have tried counselors, but she usually walks out and blames me as I am the problem.   Not sure what will change her mind as she likes to recall every incident that she feels broke us.  We have been sleeping separately and barely communicating for over a month.  It begin with a small incident as usual, but I have avoided approaching her as I know there is no win, but now she will put my step son (her son) in transition and she will leave us little chance to reconcile or for her to seek help.  She claims her son is good for it and kids are resilient.  I want an opportunity to attend counseling again now that I am better informed.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

C.Stein

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:38:01 AM »

Hello  ,

Sometimes it all feels like beating your head against a wall!  You try to push the boulder up the hill but she keeps trying to push it down the hill.

I encourage you to read the information that is available on this site, particularly with respect to boundaries and validation. 

https://bpdfamily.com/content/setting-boundaries

https://bpdfamily.com/content/communication-skills-validation

Why do you think your wife is ready to call it quits on the marriage?

Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »

Hi ackybreaky,

Welcome

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time. Do you mean that your wife is a pwBPD that is high functioning? Was she diagnosed with BPD. It sounds like you have the right idea with trying to get counselling, but it also sounds like your wife is rejecting counselling? Are you seeing a therapist for yourself?

I'm glad that you have joined us. You will find many members here that share similar experiences with a relationship with a pwBPD and can offer you support and advice.

C.Stein has given you good links to help your relationship. A pwBPD have low self worth, low self esteem and are hyper critical with themselves and needs a lot of validation. I will leave you with a link on silent treatment if you have been barely communicating for a month. You're not alone.

BPD BEHAVIORS: Silent treatment - verbal abuse.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest