Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 07:56:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Split Black but in Half  (Read 435 times)
tryingsome

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 19, 2016, 10:44:17 PM »

Just curious if others have experienced this. Ex-spouse has definitely split me black as far our relationship and my role in it. Why is interesting I still remain 'idealized' as a near-perfect dad for our children.

It's a strange view; though I am wondering if this is going to change.

Any experience from fellow members, and should I prepare for the worst?
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:38 PM »

Welcome! I've finally found a fellow-traveller! I'm in the same situation, and I still struggle comprehending it sometimes. My kids' mom left 2.5 years ago. Remarried a year ago. Joint custody with S6 and D4.

So what's going on?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
tryingsome

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »

Not too much. Interactions are fairly pleasant.

I was just wondering if the other shoe is going to drop.

It was interesting in the divorce proceedings how I was painted as an abusive husband, but a wonderful father.

Seems a little unsustainable.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 11:58:32 PM »

Don't ever assume that the shoe may not drop, but run with this if you can. Thinking about my own situation, this may be due to partial splitting from a compartmentalized personality.Split grey, from our POV 

I'm sorry to say that I don't feel the reverse, that my Ex is a great mother. I don't of course telegraph this in  order not to trigger her shame. Have you looked at the communication tools in the lessons on the Improving Board? They can help (#3).

As much as I would have no problem never seeing or speaking to her again, we are tied as parents for many years... .(please not forever, but probably).

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
cc 69

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 07:40:56 PM »

Again reading these boards as opened my eyes to my problems with my BPD. shame her trigger what I'm getting at is when we were talking ok sometime it would always end badly ... as I've said over and over my self esteem was at rock she would carry chipping away looking for more I lost my dad at 4 my mum was never a loving person after that so when I met my BPD and got all the love and more for over 12 months not one fall out which I now no was not healthy ... relationship need  a little conflict it's what make it stronger... but as I was saying she put me at the top of the pile I was made to feel what I'd missed out on as a child I told her my biggest fear.is not being around to give my son the best chance  in life well at the age of 4 our fantasy relationship was falling apart I pledged with her not make me a weekend dad well that my biggest mistake well second falling for her is my first she used that against me it's taken six months of pills counselling and these boards to defend myself ... which cos for the first few months I fell into her trap of begging... I no I've gone on a bit. .but since I've defended my self and shamed her... and gave a  trigger things have gone down wards very quickly I hope deep down it is a coincidence that she kick me out at the age of 4 for our son and not down to the hatred she as has shown towards me ... .think I'll stay away from triggering her the drama that come with it is not worth my time any more
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest