Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 02:52:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Bpd and paranoid delusions  (Read 455 times)
Bpdsupporter

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 26, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »

So I just wanted to shout out bpdfamily for some great advice about how to deal with paranoid delusions. Basically the advice I got was to try and focus on the feelings behind the delusions.

My cousin who has a PhD in psychology confirmed with me that was the best thing to do. And she also added that acknowledge the delusion one time don't keep harping on it but try my hardest to identify and validate the feeling behind the delusions.

Baby this worked like magic! My pwBPD responded so well to this. And get this a few days later he actually apologized out of the blue for having delusions about me. And even said he is struggling so hard to feel worthy inside. I was like wow!

I can't believe that we are finally having a normal relationship... .well as normal as being in love with someone with BPD can get Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

I know I'm I for an adventure but it's getting better... .so thanks bpdfamily for the advice!
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:20:50 PM »

So what, in your estimation, is the core emotion driving these delusions?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Bpdsupporter

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 07:30:35 AM »

His emotions are definitely rooted in fear of abandonment, low self esteem and overall feelings of worthlessness. He actually admitted to me that deep down inside he knows I'm faithful and loyal he just finds it hard to believe that he's worthy of such a thing (breaks my heart  :'()  And I think the delusions just help to justify those intense debilitating feelings. It's almost easier to believe something that's not real then to deal with feeling you are nothing and worthless. Most of us wear our emotions like clothes. If we don't like the outfit we just can take it off and put something else on. But people with BPD struggle to do that, they think they are the emotion like it's a part of their body. So he's not just FEELING worthless he believes he is an utterly worthless person to the core and can't ever change that outfit... .thats so sad to me.

So I can empathize easily with that because I've struggled with those same feelings most of my life. Also he's been in past relationships where he has been cheated on, in fact the trauma started at birth. His father was married with a child on the way having an affair with his mother. So hes the product of indefinitely. Which have lead to serious trust issues about women. This really helps me be more objective and less offended when he dyregulates because it's really not personal. His issues began long before we ever met.

Anyway all the dbt skills advice on here all i've read and resesrched actually really work! So I'm just gonna keep at it! And I'm eternally grateful. Thanks again... had my doubts about bpdfamily... .but doubts are cleared.  
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest