Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 17, 2024, 10:25:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Son's mother is sick again.  (Read 617 times)
JerryRG

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 04, 2016, 09:35:01 PM »

My son's mother just sent this text... .

Well I need to sleep, if I'm still yucky tomorrow by noon I'm suppose to go up here and see the doc but u know me... .I hate being away from J so for me to be admitted to a hospital is pretty hard. I keep praying that my body will fight whatever it is off while I'm getting rest. I'm shaking uncontrollably I'm assuming that comes with anemia... .but r u all going to church tomorrow or no?

I think she's trying to manipulate me into keeping my son longer, which is ok. If she just had the capacity to be honest.
C.Stein

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:42:47 PM »

Looks more like she is looking for sympathy and attention to me. 
sweet tooth

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 09:43:56 AM »

My opinion: Don't believe a word she says regarding illnesses. Have you ever heard of "Fictitious Disorder," formerly known as Munchauser's Syndrome? It's a disorder where people fake or exaggerate illnesses to get attention. My ex-BPD ALWAYS had some kind of an ailment: Her thyroid, her knee, some kind of a nasty cold, etc. She would get her thyroid checked and they told her everything was fine! She'd even drag her kid into it! The kid came home with a few bruises and she went to the doctor to make sure the ex-husband didn't hit the kid! These people love attention; they will do anything to get it.
steelwork

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 10:48:39 AM »

I think she's trying to manipulate me into keeping my son longer, which is ok. If she just had the capacity to be honest.

Hey Jerry,

I just want to say that you did a good job evaluating the situation and putting it in perspective. She's not capable of being honest. And honestly, who cares why she's trying to manipulate you? What matters is your son, and you are fine with keeping him longer.

Question: have you found the parenting board helpful?

JerryRG

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »

Thanks C. Stein, sweet tooth, steelwork

Yes she cannot tell the truth and I accept that is the reality. She will change when and if she decides. I had a great night and morning with my son and I will keep him in my care as often and however long I am allowed. He's a beautiful child and I'm so blessed to have him in my life. Now that I've detached from his mother more, (not completely) I have the energy to put into caring for him and myself. My BPDgf was a full time job and caring for my son at the same time. I am proud of myself for working so diligently to heal myself both from this horrible relationship and taking care of my son plus dealing with my chemo.

I truly am one blessed man.

She sent me this text an hour ago

What do u plan to do today? Jw so I can have an alarm set for whenever u wanted to bring him home... .I think all this sleep is helping me fight off whatever it ris cuz my lymph nodes are starting to go down a little bit.

---------------

I have no idea what's going on in her head and yes i've heard of people who use medical excuses to get attention. I would not dought she starts using our son as a means to get attention eventually.
C.Stein

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »

Take care of yourself and your son Jerry, that is the only thing that matters now.   Smiling (click to insert in post)
JerryRG

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 08:28:35 PM »

Thanks C. Stein

You are right, it's him and me now
Herodias

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 08:38:09 PM »

It is about attention, excuses and possible lies. Awful... , are you giving her sympathy? Remember to use gray rock technique so that it doesn't continue to be a habit. I would tell her it sounds awful- she should go to the hospital  - take it off of you somehow.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:01:33 PM »

Reverse it. Put the ball in her court.

"Tell me when you want me to bring him home, and we will be there at that time." It's not your responsibility to be her schedule planner.

Additionally, such communication shows that while you are being helpful, you're still mindful of the court ordered schedule. Say it once, clearly. Don't engage equivocation.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
JerryRG

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:58:41 PM »

Another thing I was told today was my son's mother's car is breaking down and she cannot afford to fix it, her bfs broke down too, so guess they both walk? I wanted to say if you want money get a job. She got someone to give her this car for free, "poor single mother thing really tugs on people's heart strings"

I told her 2 weeks ago to stop lying about me or something will happen, I don't believe in karma but she's asking for trouble when she makes up such horrible stories about the people who have loved and given so much to her.
C.Stein

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 06:29:33 AM »

I told her 2 weeks ago to stop lying about me or something will happen, I don't believe in karma but she's asking for trouble when she makes up such horrible stories about the people who have loved and given so much to her.

I don't think threats are going to get you anywhere here.  If anything you are enabling her bad behavior by "playing her game".
JerryRG

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »

You are right C. Stein

I allowed myself to get upset over her accusations and other things and told her to stop. Still bothers me but I cannot change her ways. I've learned many good things on how to deal with her and sometimes I want her to be fair and honest. Another expectation I have to let go of.

My son is the only person that needs my care and protection, I won't ever understand his mother.
C.Stein

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 07:15:45 AM »

If you don't step into the boxing ring you won't have to fight.
JerryRG

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 07:16:19 AM »

No fear, just faith

Remove "can't" from my vocabulary

Remember my exgf is extremely mentally ill

I am not alone in this life

Be grateful for all the things in life including things we do not like

Another big one for me "stay in the present" future and past can keep me from enjoying "now"

I need to write a list and keep it with me

Oh yeah C. Stein.

Someone put it this way, just because you're invited to a fight does not mean you need to show up. Lol

I'm learning but part of me wants revenge and that is not productive for my son or myself

Thanks again for your help
C.Stein

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 08:01:05 AM »

I'm learning but part of me wants revenge and that is not productive for my son or myself

You are right, it is not productive ... .and it is self-destructive.  You are better than that Jerry!
JerryRG

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 08:11:49 AM »

I'm learning C. Stein

Growing up is not without it's painful lessons. My character defects are becoming less and less evident but I still get tired of the constant barrage of lies and manipulation and want to "hit" back.

She's mentally ill, she's mentally ill, she's mentally ill,... .

Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired

H.A.L.T.

Avoid making any life altering decisions if any of these exsist.

Smiling (click to insert in post)
C.Stein

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 09:30:56 AM »

My character defects are becoming less and less evident

We all have them and as long as we are aware of them we can do something about it.   Smiling (click to insert in post)
JerryRG

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 08:34:48 PM »

Text my son's mother 3 times today with no response. My son's grandmother said she was sleeping and that her bf was watching my son. Her bf beat her and they think he's cool to watch my son? What a bunch of crazy
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest