Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 15, 2024, 11:17:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4th time in the same relationship... And imploding. Even though I know it's BPD  (Read 369 times)
Michael1924
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 06, 2016, 09:14:54 AM »

I know what's going on. The BPD light came on after hours of research during the 2nd go around. Back again and again. Now it's the 4th time. I'm absolutely exhausted. I've read every word on this site and others and books. This 4th time the same relationship is long distance 3-4 hrs. Talk about the cycle of abandonment! How do I share with her what I know? I sit and think, if she would just log on here... .Efforts to explain BPD during 2nd go around resulted in livid rage. I'm to the point that I don't care really. Just want her to get help and insight. I know how awful it must be for her to live this way. Also add a healthy dose of ADHD (Adderall) and she has a double whammy. I get the results of both. BPD and all the ADHD chaos. It's like dating Marilyn Monroe.  Head is ready to explode. Yet I still love her. Funny how this post reads like a classic... .I'm sure you heads are all nodding up and down and left and right.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Raspberry

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:37:56 PM »

I've got nothing insightful to say unfortunately as I'm new to all this myself but wanted you to know that you're not alone x
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »

Michael1924,

Welcome

I'd like to join raspberry and welcome you. I can relate with the push / pull behavior with a pwBPD can feel like crazy making behavior to the non-disordered partner.

It didn't go well when I told my exBPDw that she has BPD. BPD carries a heavy stigma today, some people think that it's not treatable, it is a severe mental disorder and the most difficult within the personality disorders but it is treatable. We would have to ask ourselves how that would feel if someone told you you suffered from a severe mental illness?  Her reality is as real to her as your reality is to you. That said, depression and anxiety don't carry a similar stigma and is widely accepted by society. How about saying something like you think that she may suffer from anxiety and depression to get her into therapy? She has to want to get help for herself and committed with doing her homework. Have you read this article on our site?

Borderline Personality Disorder Therapy - Is Your Loved One Serious?

I'm glad that you decided to sign-up after lurking. You'll find that you'll fit in, many members share similar experiences and can offer you guidance and support. How are you doing? How is your support network with family and friends? What do you like to do for self care? I like lifting weights. Hang in there.

~Mutt

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest