Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 10:25:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My pw/BPD dropped the mic and this time I'm leaving it on the floor  (Read 349 times)
Phenomenal Woman

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Nothing is too hard for God!!

« on: June 06, 2016, 07:24:50 PM »

What I know is that I'm not strong enough to endure the symptoms of being with someone with BPD. I'm tired of being recycled and my children being exposed to the inconsistency. Even with feelings of emptiness and learning how to be with him at the same time is too much. This board definitely gave me the much needed insight that was beneficial to take the pressure off of myself and to understand him in a different light. I am accepting of my role and how I contributed Toto an unhealthy relationship as a codependent. Yup I realize that I have issues with abandonment and rejection and sticking to or trying to make a fantasy come true because of my inepts. However, to constantly be in emotional turmoil or mentally uncomfortable when still trying to support, love, be empathetic and validating is something that I don't want to think about years down the line is too powerful for me.

In short what I have come to know and realize that my pwBPD will never be rational, always have issues of trust (always thinking I'm with someone else), have diaregulated emotions that direct his behavior,  quick to always leave, never accept his role and etc that comes with the condition. In as much now I do see him as a boy stuck in a grown man's body, from the way he thinks, presents himself, down to how he chews his food, laziness, the thought that he can do things without consequences, lies, emotional triangulation, the tantrums and silent talk. Yup the mic can stay on the floor. When boundaries are asserted like on a child he cannot handle it. This is not about me but dealing with him I've come to realize I have some work to do in myself. I am deserving of safe, and  healthy  love. I am 39 years old and should not have to feel unliberated and the need to walk on egg shells to stay happy which inadvertently causes me distress. Nope! I was waiting for the next opportunity to come and it came. Goodbye and so long
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »

hi Phenomenal Woman 

you sound understandably frustrated. what happened? what did the mic drop entail?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest