Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:20:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experience with supervised visitation?  (Read 391 times)
WalkingAway

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 07, 2016, 02:13:20 AM »

Hi,

Does anyone here have experience with supervised visitation? Does pwBPD usually avoid it or do they use it?

My dBPD exgf has been given supervised visitation with our 2s (4 hours each month until our final hearing in October). However, she has not used it since our initial hearing which was on march 14 and now we are approaching 3 months without any contact between them. She is of course using a lot of excuses but my feeling is that she doesn’t  really want to see 2s. However she spins it in court it will be clear that she has to prioritize herself before 2s.

bravhart1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:03:14 PM »

I would also like to hear from anyone out there, how supervised visits went with the BPDop.

The OP in our case has been given supervised visits, but has delayed the hearing granting them to her for almost three months. It's odd that after six months of no contact she wouldn't be moving heaven and earth to get her contact back. She cannot begin supervised visits until the hearing takes place and the new parent coordinator is in place for two months. So it'll be at least September or October before she even gets to try supervised visits.

Wondering if it's just so controlled that she can't tolerate it?
WalkingAway

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 03:30:47 AM »

Wondering if it's just so controlled that she can't tolerate it?

Since it is no control from them at all, maybe they don't have any reason to do it. It is like my ex considers it as the same as no visitation at all... .

It seems that my ex is more interested in “winning” the case then to have contact with our son. Even after getting supervised visitation because of documented BPD, drug use and arrests, she still thinks she can get main custody in Oct. However, it seems against her purpose to not at least “fake” the interest in seeing 2s. It should be a given that not showing up will speak against her in court and her lawyer (according to mine) has encouraged her to do so.

The most obvious reason is of course that she cannot stay drug free and deliver negative drug tests (which is the min. criteria for the supervised visitations).

However, I am very curious to how pwBPD w/o drug problems react to supervised visitation. Is this a "show stopper" for them or do some follow through with it?
Deb

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: NC

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 11:33:50 AM »

My dBPD sister was given supervised visitation after she kidnapped her youngest and tried to run over my BIL. She fought it tooth and nail, but did see that child. She managed to con the court into letting her new BF supervise for awhile until youngest child spilled the beans to GAL that supervisor was her mom's BF and they were almost living together. LOL! Funny how young kids can be so honest.  So your ex may cave and see your child or not. I can only say where a PD person is involved, expect anything.

Sibling of a BP who finally found the courage to walk away from her insanity.  "There is a season for chocolate. It should be eaten in any month with an a, u or e."
Panda39

Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »

I wonder if it's some Black and White Thinking... .If she can't see your son on her terms then she doesn't want to see him at all? 

It also may simply be easier for her not to see him.  My SO's uBPDxw was much better at being Disneyland mom to her teen daughters on the weekends vs being the full-time parent where she was neglectful and emotionally abusive and very unstable.

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
bravhart1

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »

^^I think Panda is on to something. It is my opinion that BPDm isn't willing to do the "comply with authority" over her so it's better to not see her child at all.

I feel she may even be fearful that she won't be able to hold it together and not a) lose her temper or b) speak unfavorably about DH and get sent out of supervised and therefore failing at that too.

She seems to have some severe issues around impulse control and anger management. But more importantly to her, she would not be able to handle a adult telling her she "can't" do something IN FRONT of her child who sees her as omnipotent. She would lose her power in child's eyes. She's been brainwashing that child to believe that for seven years, she would rather not see her than lose that impression.
sanemom

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 01:00:06 PM »

^^I think Panda is on to something. It is my opinion that BPDm isn't willing to do the "comply with authority" over her so it's better to not see her child at all.

I feel she may even be fearful that she won't be able to hold it together and not a) lose her temper or b) speak unfavorably about DH and get sent out of supervised and therefore failing at that too.

She seems to have some severe issues around impulse control and anger management. But more importantly to her, she would not be able to handle a adult telling her she "can't" do something IN FRONT of her child who sees her as omnipotent. She would lose her power in child's eyes. She's been brainwashing that child to believe that for seven years, she would rather not see her than lose that impression.

I totally agree... .can't keep the manipulation going if she gets corrected in front of her child.

And I bet she cannot handle anyone else telling her what to do.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest