Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 11:35:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go on an 11 hour trip with BPD x wife for doctors appointment for child  (Read 352 times)
Sluggo

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced 4 yrs/ separated 6 / Married 18 yrs

« on: June 09, 2016, 03:36:03 PM »

I am in a tough spot. 

I have moved out of house and currently in the middle of a divorce.  The relationship has been very contentious and she has not been giving me all the court ordered time.  We have filed 2 contempts but they have gotten continued. 

My dilemma:  A unexpected doctors visit for 2 of our special need kids. I have 50% legal for medical.  The doctor is 11 hours away.  My xwife is taking all the kids (5 other kids) and spending time at her sisters and cousins.  Previous trips there to the doctors have been difficult with the last one being one of the final straws before I left.  Many times the trips are filled with tension and sometimes her yelling at me, put downs, and just being uncomfortable.   

X asked me if I was going to go?  I didn't respond and then after a couple of days she said if it would be better you could fly and meet me there and then on the weekend after the appointments take our kids to the beach.  She said I will stay back at my stisters.  So I got plane tickets, called her sister and brother in law who I still get along great with and they said I could stay with them also. 

Now xwife is mad because she said I will be taking the easy way and she has all the hard work.  I said she could take the plane I could drive.   She said no.  She said "if you don't drive with me and the kids driving, then I don't want you at my sisters house

I don't know if I can tolerate being in the car if she starts becoming belligerent.  After being out of the house since February I am starting to feel more like myself.  More upbeat and not beat down.  I don't want to go back to that dark place of feeling the way I did when I lived with her those last months/years.  However, that would be time I could spend with the my kids and talk with my sister in law and brother in law and their kids. 

Just I don't want to be half way there in a car feeling like I need to just get out of the car and find a way to get home. 
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 10:41:00 PM »

Tough spot.

My gut instict would be to say, "it's none of your business where I stay, but rather mine and your sister's." 11 hours with an angry and dysregulating person doesn't sound like fun, however, and I would worry about the kids being safe.

You could stick to the plan, and stay with your SIL anyway. End the discussion. The conflict, however, would be shifted 11 hours away to deal with. Her sister and BIL know how she is. Could you all deal with it?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
momtara

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »

Ugh, the situations they manipulate us into. I'd bring a tape recorder to protect yourself if you're alone, for one thing.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest