Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 08:04:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I respond if his daughter is taken into care  (Read 352 times)
Lifewriter16

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: GF/BF only. We never lived together.

« on: June 17, 2016, 04:48:37 AM »

In a 20 minutes, a UK court is almost certainly going to issue a interim care order to take my BPDxbf's daughter and her two stepbrothers into care. My BPDxbf is very likely to let me know the results by text or email. How on earth am I to respond? I don't want to be cold and heartless. He could be suicidal. It is likely to trigger all his abandonment issues. He could rage and he does get abusive. I'm attempting to detach. I live on my own but do have a friend staying over tonight so I have support if he decides to turn up on the doorstep.

Any ideas?

Thanks, in anticipation.

LWx
LilMe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Together 10 years; now living apart since April 2016

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:41:28 AM »

How sad for him and his children, Lifewriter16!     Since you are trying to detach (right?), may I suggest that it is not your problem?  If he emails or texts, validate and show compassion, but use boundaries to keep things calm.  If he shows up raging or is suicidal, please call the authorities.  I can see how the caretaker/codependent me would think that is cold and heartless, but in reality it would be what is best for him (and you)!

Please update how things turn out for the children, him, and you.  If the children's situation is unsafe, it may be best for them to be removed.  All we can do is pray for their protection and healing.  Many times what seems to be a bad turn of events, turns out to be a good thing.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest