Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:08:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worried about my childs future  (Read 446 times)
SleepingBeauty17
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« on: June 21, 2016, 04:25:45 PM »

My ex has eupd, and we have a 4 year old son together. Would love any advise on how to support my child (particulary when he doesnt see my child for months whilst depressed) and how to keep my son as free from psychological harm as possible!Thanks
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »

HI SleepingBeauty17 

Welcome to BPD Family

So sorry that your ex has EUPD (aka BPD).  Depression can be  tough to manage.  Do you know if your ex takes some meds for depression and/or is in therapy at the current time?  It can be easy to just be a hermit, while in the state of depression, and not want to come out, be active and socialize.  Does your ex have any pattern with his depression (i.e. Seasonal Depression in the Winter)?

What EUPD behaviors, that your ex exhibits, concern you the most (other than the depression)? 

What are the provisions for your ex's visitations?

We would like to help you gather the necessary tools to keep your son safe and free from harm.  The links below lead to some information that you might find helpful:

Here are links to info. about Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG):

https://bpdfamily.com/content/emotional-blackmail-fear-obligation-and-guilt-fog

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=82926.0

Here are links to threads about boundaries:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=61684.0

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=61684.0
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:55:42 PM »

What does your son day when dad is absent for so long?  What's the visitation like?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
caralynbuehner

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 01:24:38 AM »

It's really sad when you face such sitaution and you have a responsibility on your shoulder. I can only say that, try to be with your son as much as possible, because in such situation kids are mostly affected. As far as working hours are concerned, you can ask your friends or relatives to support you.
caralynbuehner

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 02:11:21 AM »

Recently, I have read few article on www.babynology.com/parenting-advice/.Last time when I posted, I didn't know about these articles and tips. I think it would be resolve your issues up to some extent. I hope that you will find it up to the mark
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest