Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 12:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I journal everything  (Read 372 times)
bus boy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 08, 2016, 05:54:27 AM »

In the past, I let things slip, thinking that's to petty but since my new court order, I haven't let anything slip. It's due for s review in August but as I wrote on here before, to many things have happened so I made the decision to go to trial instead. I don't know if this topic should be on this board or the family law board. I am coparenting ( if you can call it that ) with someone who has a man living in her home, who of course is a part of s9's life. I have to accept that or I can grow bitter. I choose to accept it. The thing that gets me is how much my family and I was alianated out of s9's life. How s9 is being shown by his mother to embrace her BF's family. As I've often said, I'm always there for s9, I've always told her if you need me to do anything for s9 just let me know. She never once asked me to pitch in like a father should. If s9 was with me and had a bday party, she wouldn't tell me where it was at, she would pick him up from my access time and take him to the party and often times he wouldn't come back. If I challenged her, s9 would suffer bc she wouldn't tell me where the party is at. She controlled everything and kept me out of s9's life as much as possable, she was dead set about me picking him up or dropping him off at school or anywhere. I pushed these points in court and won them and I'm the bad guy. Now she has given full freedom for her BF to pick my son up or do anything he wants, where that was always denied to me. I brought this up at the settlement confrience in December and she said she couldn't get away to pick s9 up and BF was so kind to offer. And in the next breath tell the court I'm never there for s9. I understand her BF is going to be in my sons life but he's not nor will he ever be s9 father. But there are things that are my responsibility to do if she can't. It is bothersome to me that I am denied being a father, the court being told I'm not a father and she turns around and gives my responsibility to someone else, someone who didn't earn it. I had to fight for every scrap of time.
flourdust

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:51:51 AM »

Journaling is smart. Also keep emails, texts, voicemails, whatever else you have.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest