Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 08:06:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insight Appreciated Silent treatment  (Read 1113 times)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 06:57:56 AM »

More tomorrow.     to all of you truly. tears are from my heart breaking. Hear it cracking?

Spin it around some.  Do you hear and feel it cracking? 

That is your heart.  Your heart is worth protecting.

Proverbs 4:23 is critical for a r/s with BPDish type people.  Very useful in life as well, but when dealing with people with arrested emotional development (go back to JQs post) you need to realize that they are usually incapable of the empathy needed to carry their part of the r/s.

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 07:01:07 AM »

Lilyroze,

I would suggest starting a new thread to edit a letter to send to your friend.  Business type letter.

Couple big themes.

1.  I need your help and I'm willing to work out monetary arrangement.

2.  You value persona and work r/s (and introducing idea that those can be separate)

3.  Your desire is to resume r/s and you are ready to respect choices.

FF

Lilyroze

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 07:37:15 PM »

More tomorrow.     to all of you truly. tears are from my heart breaking. Hear it cracking?

Spin it around some.  Do you hear and feel it cracking?  

That is your heart.  Your heart is worth protecting.

Proverbs 4:23 is critical for a r/s with BPDish type people.  Very useful in life as well, but when dealing with people with arrested emotional development (go back to JQs post) you need to realize that they are usually incapable of the empathy needed to carry their part of the r/s.

FF

Thank you FF, you are right am still processing JQ for some reason that reached my heart. I have friends spanning back many years, many walks of life, I do have some acquaintances and strangers over the years I have always prayed for, and been thankful for. I really never gave up on anyone. Did have abusive situation, and my mom and well do forgive, am healing and had to walk and put boundaries but well that is different.

I am not a victim, do take responsibility for my Mom and other situations to let someone do that to me. I do understand it was their problem and not mine, I couldn't be the scape goat anymore, no amount of love or pleasing would fix. I did learn to be a stronger person due to, thank for the lessons in life. Will give self compassion and love to myself through this current S treatment, and no longer give my power over to someone that apparently doesn't want to reach out at moment.

My life changed over night. It was brought to my attention that the person is "burning the bridge to our friendship" discarding, and replacing or have been replaced. Not sure but am trying to sort out. My friend embraced a BPD waif covert NPD whose is out to wreck her 8 th friendship and marriage, drives with her kids singing and taping daily, yes I am serious ( to blow kisses to men on an account) her husband has no idea some of the nuttiness, so really have so much to process now. Their friends, their live, their business I just don't need the drama, or the influence that had on our friendship. Don't think they even have faced how much damage this person does, ( seems cute, kind, good Mom things). Wish they knew what my other friends did or the BPD husband has had to deal with. She is pretending suicide again so her husband doesn't leave... .sigh

Many hidden accounts, life. I respect privacy, can give grace, just thought we were something different they could share their life, concern and friendship. No judgment, thought we had boundaries a trust and both were old fashioned in life and heart. If they chose to not share, do this, I can't change that. But to have rules or a game I didn't know I was playing is cruel. I thought we had a friendship that had no limits, so much love, trust, being there for each other, business a future built on business love and trust. A Christian friendship with heart, honor and harmony.

This is someone I valued, cared about, was loyal and true and meant so much to me. I am now facing all this with grace. Not sure what more to say right now have lots in my heart, my head, but have never felt something I am feeling right now. I am not crying, nothing... .just nothing now. Void. Never felt this in all my life,  am going into zen, going to my retreat. Planning my life which will be all very new soon, and could have used my friends support and input even financial input with business.

I wish them well with their live and new "friends" online and off. Again processing all this.

I will give the benefit, see if they reach out or well this story will have a new ending. My heart, my life and I am worth more. I deserve love, friendship, care, respect and integrity that I have given. I thought that is what we had so treated it as such, much hidden has now shown light.

Will the person care enough, or do like they do blame, walk, ( which they say they do and never look back, again I never did that to anyone)  replace and say I was crazy.  They did that in past for good reason to someone who used them, and have a family that is NPD and uses, but this is beyond the pale when I was there , honorable, true, and helped them uplifted in their darkest hours with family. Not that I am discrediting what they did for me, but I didn't break boundaries, change the rules.

I still reached out and forgave to be treated as a Priest friend said worse then a dog. Yes Priest friend of long time, said even a dog has it's bowl filled daily and doesn't have to beg for scraps. Telling ... .isn't it? Thank you Dear friends who have stood by me, with grace I appreciate all in my life. Some old true friends have flown in and been here, I am thankful.

“The only person that deserves a special place in your life is someone that never made you feel like you were an option in theirs.”

I always made this person a priority, whilst I guess I was an option perhaps? No drama or melodrama just thoughts I am thinking. Will give them a chance and see what happens. But alas must now build my foundation of a business, be there for those who love and care for me, not those who have replaced me.

Thanks for the heart to hearts all, the making me face this by not letting this post drift off so I could pretend this was not happening. I truly bless and thank you so much. I do care for you all as well. Keep your hearts protected, love, give grace, compassion, communication and Please all don't ever give the deadly silent treatment. No one deserves that it is abuse no two ways about it.
Lilyroze

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 08:16:33 PM »

I know this goes without saying if you read any of mine, but no I am not perfect ( who is) and did make mistakes, could have handled things better at certain times in my life. But all in all tried to be the best I could be while dealing with some intense things with my sbxUBD. I tried to not bring to friendship to much, thank for any and all advice, implement and give grace. I don't blame the person if we had misunderstandings, or hurt, that is life. Just wanted to be adult enough to treasure, care, have compassion and put our friendship first and foremost to build the foundation, forgive and truly be there.

I am of the thought yes there is wonderful people out there but sometimes it is that one love, one relationship, one friendship that goes beyond  and is worth honoring, and respecting. Everyone is unique and you will never find that particular love or friendship again, as well each person is special. I guess maybe this person did not feel same way?

I accept that with grace, harmony and well they can play any games they want, have their own friends and lives. Just wanted to share and be there for each other.
Meili

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2016, 08:51:16 PM »

Hey LR. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you. Your last two posts here were both beautiful and powerful. Seeing the transformation that is borne from confusion is magical in and of itself. I hope that you are seeing that within yourself.

The compassion and strength that you exhibit is awe-inspiring.

Yes, perhaps that person did not feel the same way. I can only assume that you are experiencing some level of frustration and pain as a result. Here's what you've shown me though, that person is the one missing out.

I realize that isn't really much of a consolation at the moment, but I suspect that you're starting to realize that.

Based on what you've shown and helped me with, you have so much compassion and caring. It is painful to think of you still suffering.

I'm sorry that I don't have the wonderful words and advice that you give others, but I wanted you to know that if you show others in the real world even a fraction of what you show us here, they are the ones who are truly missing out.

Blessed be and take care of you. You truly deserve it!
Lilyroze

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2016, 12:52:09 AM »

Dear Meili,

"Can I get a Heeello" need to watch those now and well you understand.   and thank you so much for your kindness, I truly appreciate and you made my night. I asked on here why I felt a nothing, no crying, nothing. Have never ever felt that in my life.

Then you came in your kindness and I cried, so appreciated and needed those words. I am processing but your writing made me come back and still keep facing while processing.

Will be back and write more, as well as to your other. Had to stop in to thank and let you know what it meant to me.  Just can't think now and well not the place for me don't want to hurt anyone in my "reality" tour... .Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Also not that it matters but have my hair to my waist, thought of getting a pixie cut before this retreat... .so yes need to quietly process things and cancel a hair appointment. I finally made one, ... .and we are walking... .Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) so yes am hurting and need to process all this as I let an old life go and start a new one. That I thought would include a precious person to me. Guess I was not that important to them. So ... .in mean time no pixie cuts, no... .anything for a few days... .hehe Do have to plan moving. If I start talking Alaska... .please write me back here. No Alaska is not bad, just not for me. 

Keep working on your healing heart as well, keep the faith, drama free, and your plan to make it work.

Thank you for helping me with my breaking heart.

LR
Lilyroze

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 01:42:48 AM »

Meili,

Thought I should clarify as not sure you watched all, but the videos. But was sure you knew what I meant, with hello, most know by that. Got some liked up before retreat. Hugs again. TY
Meili

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2016, 07:25:14 AM »

LR!

Yes, I knew what you meant with the Heeelllloo... .

I'm sorry that you're struggling right now. I wish that there was something that one of us could say that spark the magical thought that would make all of the heartache go away. You and I both know that it is a process though that takes time.

My bet is that both of our respective, new lives will include someone who is precious to us. In each of our cases, we will emerge better people for what we've experienced and be better partners to whomever it is that we choose to have accompany us on our journeys. We have been forever changed.

That isn't a bad thing either. We are learning and growing. We get to choose our how far we grow now.

Have a blessed day.
Oncebitten

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:46 AM »

LR,

Sorry to read about your struggles.  Hope that this day finds you better, and please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

We just met here the other day but I can tell by your spirit that you are a wonderful person.  And the sun will shine on you again.  Best wishes.

OB
Circle

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »

Followed your thread; looks like you have some great support going. Glad you're waiting on the pixie-cut, not that you asked my opinion. Hope you are hanging in there and rising above a bit!
Lilyroze

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2016, 05:30:55 AM »

Meili,

Ty yes it has been a growth experience, mainly with my Mom, ex etc. This silent treatment has hurt me. I am just humbled and honored to have shared so much with my friend over the years. I hope I touched their life and heart a fraction of what they touched mine. All this other aside.

I do respect they had a need whatever that reason was to do the things they did with the boundaries or hidden. I do feel bad they felt they couldn't share, or if other then what I though I could have had that explained. Maybe they had a different life or thought of our friendship then I did.  Just wish I knew so could have been part of, the rules changed or whatever. To be honest my heart sinks on the truth I might not have meant anything to them.

I have always tried to leave people with good feelings in their hearts, to know they were loved and appreciated. I just well... .don't know what to say with this. The person knew that it hurt me what my mother did, so is hurtful they would do same.

Do go back to  what JQ wrote  and understand how they grew up. Hope they can be happy, and work on what they need, know they were loved and reach out. Eventually need to shut the door if they don't and get that.

I will choose to be grateful for all they did, we shared and the huge part of my life they were. I did write a letter to them blessing, loving, thanking and hoping they do well, didn't send it. Just don't want them to feel I am holding them back from whatever they decided to do. Like said if they hate me, painted me black, moved on, or I would intrude then don't want to approach. If they wanted to move on, would have blessed them, would have been hurt of course wanted to understand. But would have respected and they know that. So still don't understand the ST or abuse it signifies. Just too much love over years for me to understand. 

I wish I could get the help for business, just a little really need to get things. A friendship still, an explanation, or apology for silent treatment.

I would like to talk and apologize to them for the way I handled things if I hurt them. I wish I had what you and some do that the person had the capacity, drive or want to end the Silent treatment to be friends or be there for each other. Still love, respect and honor enough to make it right, the wrong they did. I am always willing with people, that are a part of my heart.

Don't understand how you can be such a huge part of someone's life, love, laughter, caring, and so much in common to this... .does hurt. I am talking for 8 years, that is a long time, especially when they knew how devoted and loyal to our friendship I was. I know I know sorry don't mean to repeat just going over to understand, heal, and face. I need to face the Silent treatment for what it is. Everything aside they know I would be kind even parting ways. That is who I am.

I am glad the black void is gone not sure what that was never ever experienced it before. Not bad but just well different.

I do want to continue to bring joy, laughter, fun, and peace into peoples life that I cross or am in. I do feel bad for the times I was stressed with dealing with pwUNBPD. It was tough. I am not complaining. I have had training over years that have helped me be in zen, now things I learned to let go of Mom and his issue. But still we all can learn and grow everyday. Many don't have that will, or won't which is sad.

I am glad like you said we both do. It will lead to a wonderful and precious future.  Hope friend that I loved reaches out, but well will be happy for them in life and be in joy for what God puts in my path and world.

Thanks OB as well. Your kind words helped soothe a broken hurting, but healing heart.

Thanks Circle... .LOL do appreciate.

Thank you FF, JQ and all who reached out.

Appreciate all.    Be happy, find joy, and keep away from chaos or drama. Life is beautiful, and too precious.  
Meili

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »

I'm only saying this to reiterate the facts, your friend's behavior isn't about you. It's about them.

Love, caring, and respect, don't just vanish as soon as the person is gone from your life. Eight years is a long time and there were a lot of memories created. I'm certain that your friend remembers those and the kindness that you brought to their life. They have made their choices however, for whatever reason. I know that doesn't take the pain away, but I am also willing to bet that you can find at least some solace in knowing that your friend is doing whatever they need to do for themselves.

I'm glad that you're not holding onto the void!
Circle

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2016, 12:10:48 PM »

"Eventually need to shut the door if they don't and get that." -Lilyroze

Yeah; I hear you on that. I've been debating the same issue. I haven't arrived at a conclusion yet. There are pros & cons. The pro being: closing the door to the same treatment in the future. The con: two wrongs don't make one right. However, from the little I've read in a book. It seems that some people who have undergone severe abuse reach the conclusion that they will not tolerate any such behavior in the future; so perhaps that is the right path? I don't know. And, then, there is the part that want's to close the door, just because it's so difficult to keep it open to possibility; like waiting in a way. In other words, I've been contemplating that I want to close the door, just to have some resolution/closure. However, am afraid that if I do permanently close the door, I will regret it.

And, another thought. How singer Jonathan Richman says that we need to experience the pain of loss, to move on. That if we bury it, we aren't really making any progress. Sh*t.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »

To be honest my heart sinks on the truth I might not have meant anything to them.

I have always tried to leave people with good feelings in their hearts, to know they were loved and appreciated. I just well... .don't know what to say with this. The person knew that it hurt me what my mother did, so is hurtful they would do same.

Lilyroze,

I'm really like getting to know you and participating in your threads.  You have a lot of good things going for you.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

I want to emphasize that the likelihood any of this is about you is very... .very... small

You obviously care deeply about other peoples feelings... .and that is good, to a point.

I would ask you to consider if there is an unbalance in your life where you consistently think too much of the feelings of others and don't think enough about your own feelings.

Most of us come to these boards with that type of imbalance... .and likely will struggle with that for most of our lives.

Also, please look at your quote where you talk about leaving people with good feelings in their hearts.  That is a great sentiment, but it puts others in charge of the success or failure of your efforts.  You have handed them the measuring stick. 

I would suggest that you be deliberate about kind actions and words towards others and be happy with that.  Let other people think, whatever they will think about those efforts.

Last:  Search your heart for the source of resentment.  Perhaps the following could apply:  If you are holding yourself out there as someone that puts out effort until others "feel good", it would make sense that you expect that in return.  Understand that is a very high standard to set, and I would argue it is perhaps not a healthy one. 

So, when others let you down or you don't have good feelings after interactions with them, is there resentment that comes from them not meeting your standard?

Hope this helps!

FF

Lilyroze

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »

Thank you all and FF will process this. Love the insight, and will be thinking about this all. Really helps. I do want to own my part in all of my life, the good, bad and hurtful.

Thank you Meili   again your words help me as my heart is just so broken in regards to this part of my life. I really must heal it.

Thanks Circle you are full of so much wisdom, and kindness I hope things get better for you. You truly deserve it and are in my prayers. You can do this. You are right and thanks for the quote and thought. I do need to work through this, face it and heal. Face it for what it is and not minimize it or dismiss it. If they miss, love or respect me or what we had at all, they need to reach out for me to feel important or cared about. I can't do it this time.

To be truthful if really want the answers to above. Yes have high standards, but since childhood they are for me. Always were way too high for me.  

Trying to work on not giving my all to those who can't give back at least to be decent. I never give with wanting anything back, to me that is not what giving is. But do appreciate love, and respect. Luckily that is what I have been working on now is not so high of standards of myself anymore. I can't be everything to everyone, I need self compassion and love as well.

But no don't of anyone else, try to never judge anyone where they are at in life, what they can give or do. It is their life, do try to keep the drama and chaos out now. The pwBPD in my life has created so much, but always thought due to being so sick, so accepted it. Now don't.

Also not sure the person really saw how much stress I was under when the pwBPD went all out crazy with rages, dysregulation and I tried to handle all with grace for my kids, myself, my work, and friendships. I just wanted to end it with the pwBPD with class, grace and well my sanity in tact... .LOL The kids needed a stable, kind one here to show we don't act like this.

Alas the problem where things get unbalanced is I give with no intention of receiving back which is a good thing but again when dealing with healthy relationships. So many times put my needs back so low that by the time I realize what some do it is beyond what most would take.

Growing up with BPD Mom, it was always my fault. I have been working on that, in the sense of boundaries. I can stand up for others and always could, have a harder time standing up for me. Try to do with love and grace, and when the familiar pattern with the person was silent treatment. Hurt, so avoided ever trying to upset.

So even now until faced the silent treatment was abuse. I have bent over backwards when ever had a slight with this person to reach out, call with love, letters to nothing back . Then things were always my "fault" to get it started again. Which I loved person , could give grace and no problem. Just well now at this point needed recognition of what they did, in a true apology I love you way. They would never have accepted this from me. Ever. Nor would I have done it. Again let others do what I never would to someone. Not high standards just common decency.

Though I do accept in our love languages being different if there was times I hurt them, or did wrong ( never intentional) they might have not addressed, so maybe inadvertently I didn't fix something right away. Don't know. If they ever addressed did try to fix, apologize or handle right away. Took ownership.

I do believe this friend has a rough childhood, and NPD parents, possibly BPD sister ( but is a sweetie). Friend is very good person, just doesn't know how to handle when the tough emotional things come up. So this was the first time I really wanted them and I to examine the lie and broken boundary and trust. We have faced things before, but this would be harder to brush off, after working on my boundaries in life and seeing I deserved more. If I hadn't approached about the lie or issue all would be good. But did realize that wasn't healthy or a good foundation. So as we know they shut off go silent and replace or reach out.

It is important for me to look at dynamic, but is not about them anymore. It is about how I respond to less then decent treatment after 8 years. That is the real key to me. See if talking to someone about this ( which I wouldn't want to betray person so was vague with Pastor or Priest friend etc made about me) so would just be devastated, hurt, keep trying to reach out. The only thing stopping me is dignity, and respect that as long as I left them with love, won't interfere with their life but did expect a hey you are loved, lets start again, or I am sorry lets work on this. Something.

So I put here, hope writing it would heal me,... .LOL didn't of course, then ignored... .as usual, then examined and tried to blame  myself, minimize, justify the lie and broken boundary.

Then the beautiful thing of strangers who cared enough to answer, give insight, help me face the abuse. Out of politeness to answer, want to face and heal. Not letting the thread die, I am facing the abuse head on and seeing it for what it is. How unhealthy or unloving ( if replace by one or MANY) they could give their time to, but not be willing to address, care or fix with me. This someone I shared my life, business, trust and love with, as well as wanted to be a part of theirs to help them, be there and care. I would have shared everything unselfishly in my business to give full partnership life etc. And in turn would have appreciated all they did for me, and would have deserved that and more given to them.  

I never wanted to face this person might be NPD leanings as I just don't see that, won't label and certainly won't diagnose. Just they shut off all emotions, walk, and with a family that was always over top they try to just walk away. Well tada, facing it all they never really think they did wrong, hidden things so were angry at me. Took all the good I wrote and thanked for to point out the few things bad ( which were what they did to me).

We really never had fights, but didn't know the hidden or the rule changes etc.

As for Mom well this has been my whole life. Luckily have healthy loving relationships with so many in my family that know it is her. Just this is the first time in the last 5 years realized no amount of anything would please her BPD, she scape goated, and silent. I have loved, reached out etc to silent and it tore me up. Now no more she is too toxic.

But do forgive, love from afar just don't like what she does. Her own brother and sister as well as Mother saw she has intense issues and was not me. I think that is why I try so hard with others I don't want to ever hurt anyone or be like my mom. It is why I forgive so easy. Life is too short and precious not to.

If I reached out again, but can't do that this time. If I mean anything or did they have to as each time hurts too much for rejection. How can you just shut everything and walk from someone that you said was your best friend and more there for you for everything.

You are totally right though FF about giving others the measuring stick, unbalanced and give too much have been working on that.

No resentment really that I can feel or have. As forgiveness is always been easy, and important to me. Doesn't stop the pain now though. Just hurt, deep to the core hurt over having someone know this is the worst hurt for me and they know that to do it to me. They were the one to point out my Mom's silent is cruel to be doing it.  I guess I put the other up to show to myself and get input, they know I would respect their wishes. Just easier to hurt me I guess, and replace.

Hopefully if this thread gets too long, I have the courage to start another if need to as this really isn't the end of the silent treatment. I am still facing, not blaming, trying to heal.

If not for you all I would have told another how to fix, not take, but myself would have questioned, blamed me and not faced the pattern of the silent from him and my mom. Geez I have childhood friends, old ex's, boyfriends, friends, acquaintances, dear people, many old dear co works and so much family I can't think of anyone that would give me silent and walk away but my Mom and my Dear best friend.  They all loved me in their live, or accepted me, as I did them. I always love hearing back from people, reaching out, or when they do, catch up, make them feel loved. Everyone needs an ear to listen, a heart to talk to or a hand to hold at times. If I can do that for someone then humbled, and honored, as well as appreciate if done for me.

Sorry for the long posts and rambles everyone. Hope this was not too much or boring to any. Bless those who read, cared or reached out. If anything anyone reading this please don't give up where there is love, a foundation, friendship or a way. Care, and give compassion.

Work out NC if you must, LC but don't ever give Silent treatment it kills relationships, friendships, hearts and well trust. Be the bigger one reach out if you can.

If they replace you, continue Silent treatment, or don't reach out, paint you black are they still a good friend or more? Oh geez... .
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2016, 02:50:22 PM »

Growing up with BPD Mom, it was always my fault. 

Long posts are great... .keep them coming.  It helps me see how you think and process.  Lots of information that can be sorted through... .to boil things down to where focus needs to be.

I think this is the quote that you need to work with. 

After seeing this quote... .and seeing how you "try to leave others with good feelings"... .I believe that you are holding yourself responsible for the feelings of others, far more than you will admit to yourself.

We can help you on these boards, but really... .this is something to discuss with a T.  The amount of nuance involved with what you are or aren't responsible for can easily get lost in an online forum.

I suspect that "it being your fault" pops up on places that you are totally blind to, and I would hope that a skilled T can help you sort through those things.

Note:  I'm sort of in the same boat.  It feels very odd to me to say my truth (my point of view) and then leave others to sort out their feelings.  My default position is to try to advocate for how they should feel or interpret things (especially when they are interpreting my actions).

Even though it feels weird, I am much better for it and I think my relationships have improved. 

A T can also help you not go too far.  The feelings of others do matter, they just need to be in a "proper" perspective.

FF

Lilyroze

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2016, 03:42:55 PM »

You are correct FF. That is the core issue I have been working on and realize it is important to address that, and have been seeing much progress. Healing, and addressing has done my life a world of good. I spent so much time trying to fix me, since they always blamed, raged or scapegoated. I was gaslighted and now that FOG is gone can see the light.

The only one I want to be better then is myself the day before. I want to find the joy in the day, have gratitude, and not be in chaos or bring to anyone.

Yes have been reading quite a few of the books, lots of psychology books as I wanted to understand my Mom, pwBPD and how to not take on their problems, try to fix or own their emotions. Have taken retreats, led some on life and abundance, have seen a counselor recently and do feel so much better.

I have needed to separate that and let others lead their journeys, love them where they are at not judge while at same time now not taking abuse in any form.  Having my boundaries. Each person has a right to feel and see the world the way they do. I want to honor that, and not be responsible for their feelings, the whole relationship, and want them to feel they can address things as well. It is all about growth, owning your own life, mistakes, love and power. As well as letting another. When two people can do that you can then have a healthy relationship, respect and good life.

Also it has been hard when dealing with pwBPD rages and when he went into psychotic rages, threats to kill others, myself, spying,  wiretapping. It did make me emotional. I am a balanced, centered person, but am an empath so do feel others emotions, and was hard.

Now I can get back to me, my core being and let the chaos go. Being emotional is OK most women are at times, but can look back now to the zen and center.  

I just mean that I don't want to do what my Mom has done so owing my mistakes, helping, caring or trying to be the bigger one has been important to me. I didn't grow up with her doing that, so never wanted to bring that to a relationship, my children or friends. I have worked hard over the years to read, heal, study and work through it with  T I had for my kids at one time. To help deal with it. Funny enough have lead workshops on DV, and life.

You are right though in my trying so hard to not be like my Mom I have tried to hold myself to responsibility of the  feelings of others or fix or had to take care of everything for my Mom and ex had me in that role or would rage at me. I did know this, have learned to step back over years, re center, re focus but was just too much at once when pwBPD lost it this past year.

So yes funny you said that, as had a small retreat recently am going to a longer one and addressed just that. I have to and have been getting back to me, who I am, and was before the crazy rages with my ex. I became in a role of fixing everything for him, and don't want to do that for another, or cross a boundary of imposing that on them.

I am also realizing it is OK to have hurt, and not have to be 100% all the time. In a professional role for work, wanting to be the sane caring parent, friend etc. I held lots in. Funny I put up with more then most and could only show my hurt or when you go through the anger cycle of dealing with a pwBPD, but as Priest and I talked about when you are the romper room type and be up all the time. The few times you get hurt, upset many can't take take if unhealthy as well they expect you happy all time. So few times I did get upset my friend was hard on me ( behind my back). When they did everything for a few capable adults. It was hard to accept.

They have a dysfunctional role of caretaker of many in their family. I admire their strength, wisdom, intelligence and all they did and do. Hard thing was too watch them do all that, praise them for it, to have them take many things out on me they didn't realize. They said no, but realistically they became the sole person in many roles and let them walk on, to being mad at me the few times I could release what was going on in my life.

I felt I could show them what was going on as had to hold so much together, couldn't bring it to others. It was my life, my problems. Though we both are healthy, loving people, the care taking is temporary for me now. Will be for them, as well. We both hopefully can get back to who we are, not how we were raised, are healing and will go on to be better people for it. Just wish they gave me credit, and respect now like I have given them now. That is the issue with this, my mom is not to blame, nor I for their S treatment now. I need to remember that.

I have faced childhood issues, healed or am healing, same with holding pwBPD accountable, and not trying to fix anymore.

I am an adult, responsible for my own happiness, and take that on. I have had to heal, learn, grow, and will and do. I hope they do as well.  

It has all helped so much. I think the reason this has helped so much online as never wanted to face the silent treatment and what it was from my friend. Truly we have spent so much time loving, caring, respecting, learning, growing, we are both into intellectual, self growth and laughs. This is someone who matched just about everything in my life, same on financial, growth, friendships, political, outlooks on life, spirituality, religion. Just healthy, loving relationship unless the silent treatment and of recent lies and  boundary.

Will keep going, looking within, addressing, and making my life better each day. That is what it is about being a healthy person, enjoying life, and making each day good.  

Thanks again all any insight has been a blessing, will go forth to shine a light and be better for the experience. God leads you through, and you can choose to grow, learn or not. I will choose to be grateful for all I have learned, will learn and be.

Be blessed and not stressed and hope you all find love in yourselves and with those in your lives.
Lilyroze

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2016, 10:41:48 PM »

Went over a lit a candle haven't done that in ages and really enjoyed the serenity. Lit a candle for my friend and had requested a prayer and candle  request at St. Nicholas Cathedral where a friend is taking care of.

My friend doesn't need it, as well a wonderful person, with so much good, and good things going for them. But truly never hurts to send more love, blessings and kindness just hope it reaches them and they feel it from the Universe that they are special. Even if we don't talk again.

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
JQ

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2016, 11:29:04 PM »

Went over a lit a candle haven't done that in ages and really enjoyed the serenity. Lit a candle for my friend and had requested a prayer and candle  request at St. Nicholas Cathedral where a friend is taking care of.

My friend doesn't need it, as well a wonderful person, with so much good, and good things going for them. But truly never hurts to send more love, blessings and kindness just hope it reaches them and they feel it from the Universe that they are special. Even if we don't talk again.

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

LR,

I hope that you lit a candle for yourself. I'm certain that at this point you need to turn to yourself and learn to love yourself once again. Be kind to yourself again. You need to like yourself again. You need to concentrate on yourself, your healing, your life, your happiness.

YOU are responsible for YOUR happiness and the sooner you start to hug yourself again, to smile, to laugh, to enjoy life again the better your life is going to be.

Pray for your own peace, Pray for your own happiness ... .and I will do the same for you. 

J
zonnebloem

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2016, 12:40:05 AM »

Hello and good morning Lillyrose,

I've read through most of your posting.
An answer to "the puzzle" is this: You compare the behaviour from your friend towards his family and how he's with you.

I had to learn the same (in a very hurtfull way) YET... .he knows his family will not/cannot leave him (and to be abandoned is their biggest fear) and he can easier leave you.

A true friend wouldn't treat you the way he does.

Myself, I feel sad because it didn't work out, glad I don't have to be part of that sick family anymore, confused because we are not gonna use the hotelvouchers he bought ... .
Lilyroze

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2016, 02:07:13 AM »

JQ,

Of course, and thank you for the good thoughts and prayers.

Yes the power is within, and Try to see with the eyes of faith.

"Take time each day
to look back at where God was present today,
look for the graces and blessings He sends.
Be docile to the Holy Spirit and attentive
to what He is asking in the moment.
Notice the movements of your heart, what are you
drawn to and what are you resisting? Why?
Express gratitude to the Lord for all that he has given you today
and throughout your life. Notice the threads of grace.
The Weaver
My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oftimes He weaveth sorrow,
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.
Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him."
- Author Unknown
Where grace abounds

There are moments in our lives that call us to stop and ponder, to look back over and reflect upon events, circumstances, relation-ships and encounters throughout our life. Given the distance of time, we may begin to see things from a different perspective and
with a new light notice a Hand at work weaving the seemingly
disparate threads of our lives - joys, sorrows, failures, challenges -
into an unexpectedly beauty. I love finding it the lessons the joy and yes to those who asked do love myself. That is the key, love is the answer. It can transmute any hurt or pain, into a lesson perhaps or a good thing. It can win over many things and bring smiles.

It is all good life is good.

"Each Day is a gift that is why they call it the present. "

We can complain because roses have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses."

TY Zonnebloem 

Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life. It will always get better.

With storms come rain:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

After :

"Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best"

So that:

Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart. - Mort Walker hehe

Yes we both are probably hurt.  Sorry you are hurting and do see good things for you. Glad you are doing better.

In food for thought for myself

"We tend to judge others by their behavior, and ourselves by our intentions." So will try harder to understand all life has to offer.

Though:
Life is like photography - develop from the negatives. So it can all be beautiful in the end. No matter what happens there will always be blessings in it for us

Thanks for reaching out, reading and being you. Means a lot and appreciate you and your kindness. Appreciate your input and insight as well. 

All is good and life is good.  Carpe Diem and make it a beautiful week. Finding some joy and hope you all do as well.  Believe, have faith, love and give grace. 
Meili

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »

So, LR, what kind of wonderful and exciting things are you doing for yourself right now?
Circle

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2016, 11:53:43 AM »

Enjoying following your thread. I was all caught up yesterday. Today, I have some catching up to do. Great poem. Thanks for sharing all your thoughts.
Lilyroze

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »

Hi All,

Any insight perhaps especially those who know servers?

Have had no contact still as you all know. Still hurt, but think highly of for all we had.

Have been concentrating on many good aspects of life, but have had a retreat, life, all good things, and great things with my children.Trying to keep everything I am responsible for at work done and working on business etc.

With my business have been doing many of the things needed done, social media, art work, some negotiations with possible contracts. But have let my servers and sites on the back burner now couldn't get into, just dealing with the other parts, too busy, hurt etc.

I just saw a log today they ended up in my spam folder, and many attempts to get into by hackers which we all know is normal. Do need to go in and put on black list or banned sites etc. I know need to get into do that, take care of sites etc. just well read above. This was the parts we were working together or he did,  so have avoided and need some infor to get into.

Well appears he has been in as of this month as well, yet no contact. I am not sure why. Maybe to do some things to help me, or felt needed done. I know it would never be for malicious purposes. But hasn't let me know, or what he did, or reached out or anything.

I am at the point of needing help getting in. ( thanks to the DM about there are people to help with that Smiling (click to insert in post) and well just don't want to end up in worse mess, cost too much or hirer hacker... .LOL Have looked on freelancer and others just well not sure what to do.

Why would he go into servers and not reach out? I have sites needing things finished etc but haven't seen any of that etc. I have not been into them and will have to do that soon. One is unmanaged and one is cloud based. So have been learning how to do the unmanaged but with everything else I have to do for the agency, other businesses etc it has been a lot. I won't drop the ball, and will make it all successful but am doing a couple large agencies solo right now, except my subcontractors I can use when needed eventually.

Meili,

Well lots of good on my mindfulness thread. In fact now CEO of a mindfulness company and forum ( though starter will be fun) and working on  my other businesses. Trying to enjoy every minute of life.

Any thoughts anyone about the being in server?
Lilyroze

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2016, 04:47:15 PM »

Hi all  

Thanks so much. Any insight still would be appreciated!

To update:

Ugh hate to admit this but he was not in server it was old log, when I searched for server by email and month brought up my old one and month so thought he was. Guess just very stressed, sick at time and trying to deal with so much, didn't notice the error.  

Still got the fresh at that time and didn't notice that part, still had hackers to deal with, which is normal from current and some issues that needed addressed.

So reached out in simple letter. I asked if he could help with getting information to me as it couldn't be opened at my end. I had tried all different programs etc and mentioned that in letter to him.

He was very kind and responded by email. Went out of his way to send me a link, which probably took him time to do etc. It was only a 24, and didn't work for me.

I truly at this point didn't want to bother again, and was trying all kinds of things, getting ready to hire someone known to deal with this ( from Russia hehe is freelancer) very professional but well would put all sites a big risk talking to someone in business unless I really trusted.  

Friend even noticed I didn't use link and sent another 24 hr link. After I used I thanked them. They responded but that is it.

I did have my apology letters but still firm on my hurt, all friendly notes, phone messages that were never answered nor has he reached out. So not sure what to think. As the ball would be in his court, he could have answered the letters, or mentioned when he sent me link. Or asked me to call, as I had poured my heart out in the unanswered.  So it still seems ST but not sure do I just let this all go then?

Don't want to intrude or bother, know I can't keep being the one to reach out after ST.

I am very appreciative he did send me a link, but his response was very curt.

Any thoughts before this thread locks? Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Circle

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2016, 12:39:20 AM »

Hey,
I don't have the tech know how to help. Glad that you heard from him. If I could, I'd fast forward you a few years in your life, to where you no longer care about the person. If that were possible, you'd lose a few valuable years of life. Good to see you on other parts of the boards. Hope you are hanging in there. Take care of yourself Lilyroze!
-Circle
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2016, 11:10:12 AM »

Express thanks for his help, continue asking for his help until solved or until handed off to another professional. 

Basically... .split this up into buckets.  Right now only deal with your tech issues... .likely you will feel better when this is solved.

Deal with apologies and past stuff in different bucket and at different time. 

Mixing stuff up is problematic in healthy relationships.  Disastrous in strained ones.

FF

Meili

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2016, 01:17:39 PM »

Hi! 

Sorry, I've been away for a week and I'm just catching up. I wanted to respond to this though:

I did have my apology letters but still firm on my hurt, all friendly notes, phone messages that were never answered nor has he reached out. So not sure what to think. As the ball would be in his court, he could have answered the letters, or mentioned when he sent me link. Or asked me to call, as I had poured my heart out in the unanswered.  So it still seems ST but not sure do I just let this all go then?

Don't want to intrude or bother, know I can't keep being the one to reach out after ST.

I agree with you, the ball is in his court. You've done your part. You've reached out. You've expressed how you feel. Now, it's on him to reciprocate and take responsibility for his actions. It's time for you to stop chasing. It's time things to be about you. If he wants to come along on your journey, then he needs to take action to do so. Otherwise, you're just dragging dead weight around that you don't need.

You are obviously a very sweet, kind, caring, and thoughtful woman. You deserve someone who will fight for you; not against you. Someone should want to smoother you with flowers, affection, and adoration. He's got to decide to do that.

You, however, have to decide how long you're going to continue to allow yourself to be treated this way. That is the part that is within your control. 
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »

Staff only

We're locking this one for exceeding post limits. You're welcome to start a new or similar topic of discussion. Thanks.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest