Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 12:26:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Parasite Host?  (Read 363 times)
BestVersionOfMe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: July 19, 2016, 11:41:58 PM »

So this might be a fluke, but I thought I'd bring it up.  As I have improved with my own issues and have learned validation my wife has started to pick fights and lose friendships outside of me.  I didn't think anything of it at first, but I can't help but think that she is seeking conflict elsewhere.  Any experience or thoughts on the issue?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Lilyroze

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 12:18:43 AM »

Yes, that is what I dealt with.

Once I stopped letting him get to me, put up boundaries and didn't try to show how bad he was treating me it got weird. I disengaged with sbxUNBPD he went crazier at work, picked fights with new neighbors and doesn't live here, and  fights with friends. He fought with other gamers online,and every woman at work we a *****

When you step back and look at all the chaos they cause, rages, fights, hurts, heartaches, and drama all the time.

It is peaceful for the kids and I, we don't have constant dramas, problems or him causing hurts and fights now. He is out of house and it is a no drama zone. He tries believe me, calling with, trying to push my buttons, hurt me. I just try to let it all go.

They seem to need to project, rage, triangulate or worse when upset. Seems to make them feel better to have a scape goat. When we disengage the other people in their life get the brunt end of it.

Amazing isn't it?
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:43:08 AM »

It's good that the conflict seems to have died down for now on your side, but you still seem angry.  Is that how you view her,  as a parasite?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 06:54:59 AM »

I noticed it in my relationship too as conflict reduced. But there is possibly an element of you being more aware of it.
It's good that the conflict seems to have died down for now on your side, but you still seem angry.  Is that how you view her,  as a parasite?

I think this is an inevitable part of damage assessment after the storm, the detox if you like. A healing mixture of resentment and distancing before you can start to realign. It takes a while to then move on to the rehab side of a relationship, and get past the cynicism

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
BestVersionOfMe

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 09:35:55 AM »

Poor choice of words.  I was just thinking from what I've read before.  I love her a lot and we are getting along great, but I had just noticed that she has created conflicts with two of her best friends in the last week.  Like I said, could be a fluke and maybe I posted this too quickly.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 10:12:07 AM »

If it's how you feel, it's how you feel  Smiling (click to insert in post)

I like what waverider said about a healing mixture [of emotions and actions] before you can realign. Though not a Stayer, that kind of describes what I went through as a co-parent.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest