Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 07:14:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funerals  (Read 360 times)
Thunderstruck

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 03, 2016, 09:40:13 AM »

Our temp CO does not have a provision in it to allow SD to attend funerals of family members.

We've notified uBPDbm that DH's dad (SD11's grandfather) is very near death and asked that she please work with us so SD will be able to attend the funeral/memorial. Her reply was some blame shifting about how we NEVER work with her. ::eyeroll emoji:: 

We didn't take the bait to start a fight, just replied that SD's grandfather is dying and asked uBPDbm to please be prepared to support her emotionally as it will be very difficult for her. uBPDbm replied that SD only sees him three times a year and it would only be difficult because DH would make it difficult just like he always makes things difficult when he hounds SD for information and punishes her when she doesn't give it (?). I don't know what all that was about (projection/blame shifting?). I'm personally really peeved off that she would even imply that SD wouldn't be upset over her grandfather's passing. It sounds like uBPDbm is going to make it difficult for SD to attend the funeral.

Does anyone have any tips on how we can handle this? Maybe we'll get lucky and the funeral will be during our parenting time. If it isn't, I'm not sure what we should do.

"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so. But we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitos and silly people." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 03:34:14 PM »

Having the funeral during your time would be the best outcome, but of course, funerals (like natural births) rarely happen according to any plan.

I think the repetition of the request to work with SD during a difficult period was appropriate -- you didn't take the bait.

I would sure forward BPDmom's reply to the evaluator, though.  What a callous attitude!

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »

Can you word it so that you make it clear that you will extend the same courtesy towards her side of the family?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest