Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My LDR Boyfriend has BPD  (Read 374 times)
AnonChick
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 06, 2016, 05:05:36 PM »

My partner has BPD, i'm not sure if this could be part of the condition (I apologize if condition is the wrong terminology) I have recently discovered that he had made a false profile but before this came about he began to introducing this "New friend" of his and then suddenly this new friend had made a profile which I thought nothing of because my partner is allowed friends, that's nothing to do with me but when this new friend contacted me, I began to realize that it was in fact my partner who was writing to me. I would like to know if this is something people with BPD do? Because I feel like he lies to me quite a bit and I have researched about BPD to try and get a bit of a better understanding and I don't know how true it is but I learned that BPD can be compulsive liars? (I hope to not offend anyone)
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

VitaminC

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 05:21:25 PM »

Hi AnonChick,

You are welcome here. It's a good place with many people who will listen, share their own experiences, and what they've learned about themselves. You will find support and surely some answers. Don't worry about getting the terminology right. It takes a while to learn all the jargon, and it's only useful as a kind of shorthand.

Did you have a look at some of the resources here? This might be a good place to start: https://bpdfamily.com/content/what-borderline-personality-disorder

I am not sure exactly what is happening in your situation. Do you mean that you think, or know, that your partner created some kind of profile that he is using to write to you undercover? To pretend that he is someone else and so carry on a conversation of some kind with you?

I don't think that specifically is the kind of thing that people with BPD do. It is certainly slightly odd behaviour.

If I've got that right, why are you sure that it is your partner and why do you think he might do such a thing?

My immediate idea is that it might be some kind of testing behaviour, to see how you will react. My speculation about that might be that it's the kind of thing a jealous and insecure person might come up with. There may be other possibilities.

Can you tell us more about your relationship and yourself? How long have you been together? Do you live together? What is the relationship like in general?

ArleighBurke

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: was married - 15 yrs

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »

Is he testing you to see if you'll "cheat" with the "other person"?

Most of the time I think no-one knows the motivations behind a BPDs bahaviours... .

Your journey, your direction. Be the captain!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest