Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When they are completely mad  (Read 374 times)
JerryRG

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 09, 2016, 04:32:03 PM »

Hello everyone and welcome back

Having to deal with my sons mother, her control issues, anger, rage, resentment and all around insanity is wearing me out.

Why? Because I've allowed myself to slip in my recovery trying to do too much.

It's like dominoes, one tiny simple behaviour ignored can topple a well constructed wall.

The facts

She's disordered

She's not in reality

She's not going to get well anytime soon

She has an enabler in her life to back up her delusions

She has full custody (so far) of our son

Anyway she's playing cat and mouse again and trying to control everything. I'm too tired to think straight (chemo)

I will try to get back on track.

Talked to her pastor today, he said he knows she has issues far deeper than he can comprehend, she uses drugs to deal with her problems, her bf don't want our son around. Same old stuff.

Drama drama drama

I do exactly as she says or she's going to court, if in truth she did go to court the judge would throw her into a mental ward and hand our son over to me.

The only person who does not know how sick she is, is her. One of those days where I wish I could just walk away forever. For all of us who cannot, God help us.

Vent, vent vent
Splitblack4good

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 01:31:47 AM »

I feel your pain brother ! I'm going through exactly the same thing with our son .in fact when I read this I thought I'd written it  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Hang in there .
enlighten me

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 01:58:53 AM »

Ive also been through the mix with my exs. It got to the point where my boys with my ex wife had enough of her and now live with me. Ive got a final court date next week where things will be finalised. I will end up with full custody and it will then be up to the boys if they want to contact their mum.

Hang in there. Be a stable influence for your son. Dont rise to any bait she may throw at you and live a happy life. Thats what ive done and its all worked out for me.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest